KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable TB control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Adviser
Vacancy Number: KN091
Employment Type: Contract
The Legal Adviser reports to: The Executive Director
Purpose of the Assignment
- KNCV Nigeria aims to engage a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our operations.
- You will be expected to safeguard the organization’s reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law-giving lines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
- The Legal Adviser will assist in optimal compliance with all statutory obligations as an entity.
- The responsibilities of the legal Adviser also include drafting legal documents, structuring solutions for issues, and providing support in all corporate legal issues.
- This will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize the probability of exposure.
The Legal Advisor will be expected to provide the following:
- Conducting legal analysis and researching legal matters.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives on a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defence strategies.
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance.
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust.
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights.
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders.
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization.
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility.
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation.
- Providing advice on legal matters.
- Drafting legal opinions, memoranda, and briefing documents.
- Reviewing legal material.
- Formulating formalities regarding settlements of disputes.
- Monitoring the implementation of the legal clauses.
- Medium-to long term assignment for a period of 1 year (contract subject to renewal based on performance and availability of funding)
Who are we looking for?
- First Degree in Law.
- Master’s in Law or in Business Administration will be considered an advantage.
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in business environment.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures.
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation.
- Experience in the law field.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team and individually.
- Ability to work long hours when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information.
- Outstanding communication skills.
Application Closing Date
Wednesday; 14th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Proposal and Proof of prior work experience (which must be indicated on their Proposal) to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Vacancy Number as the subject of the email.
- All applications carry a specific consultancy name.
- We only consider applications that are received through the KNCV TB Foundation Nigeria recruitment email.