Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Services Consultant – C19RM
Duration: 80 Days with Possibility of extension
Commencement Date: 19th June, 2023
Supervisor: Senior Technical Advisor
Required services: Consultancy services to support the ongoing COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM) Implementation (Laboratory unit)
Reporting line: The Consult will report to the HQ Laboratory Lead
No of Consultants: 2
- Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria.
- It was established as indigenous organizational, registered in 2009 with its headquarter in Abuja, and presence in the four geopolitical regions of Nigeria.
- It aims to provide technical assistance to the government and people of Nigeria in the implementation of public health and development programs. AHNi implements projects in HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, health systems strengthening, sexual and reproductive health/family planning and humanitarian projects for internally displaced persons (IDPs) and refugees in protection, health, and nutrition.
- AHNi also offers technical assistance and service delivery in integrated maternal, neonatal and child health (IMNCH), monitoring and evaluation (M&E), laboratory support, behavior change communication (BCC), policy and legislation, gender/key populations, public-private partnership (PPP), and grants management.
- The Global Fund C19RM is designed to respond to COVID-19 in three ways: COVID-19 control and containment interventions, including personal protective equipment (“PPE”), diagnostics, treatment, communications, and other public measures. COVID-19-related risk mitigation measures for HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria programs including, but not limited to, support for COVID-19 interventions needed to safely implement campaigns, community and health facility-level HIV, tuberculosis, and malaria programs; and Expanded reinforcement of key aspects of health systems, such as laboratory networks, supply chains, and community-led response systems to address advocacy, services, accountability, and human-rights-based approaches.
- Hence, the consultants will support the implementation of C19RM implementation in Abuja with visits to supported states.
The services of the Consultant working with the C19RM team will include but not limited to the following:
- Ensure Quality Laboratory Management Systems (QMS) implementation in all Laboratory processes in the C19RM project.
- In collaboration with PSM, coordinate logistics management of laboratory consumables to ensure commodity security and support bi-monthly CRRF and bi-weekly SOH updates to HQ team.
- Support NiSRN in the Specimen referral of COVID Samples from referring sites to the PCR Laboratories
- Ensure the use of quality controls across supported tests in the Laboratories.
- Ensure quality, complete, and timely reporting of laboratory data on data capturing tools and other data reporting platforms.
- Develop lessons learned from activities related to laboratory services.
- Collaborate with Stakeholders to deliver on the core grant deliverables, attend meetings to represent the Lab unit as delegated by the Lab STA
- Submit monthly reports.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the lead for the PR and SR.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in laboratory setting of which 3 must be on a HIV laboratory management donor funded program and 1 in Covid related intervention.
- Current license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is required.
- Experience in a clinical laboratory setting and working in a donor funded program is required.
- Proven experience in project development, QMS implementation planning and facilitating technical training.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Experience in a GF funded project will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
13th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only Applications submitted electronically, with subject bearing the position of interest will be treated.
- Suitability statement and CV must be in one MS Word.
- Applicants must be resident in the state.