WHO ARE WE ? Emergency First International is an international NGO, non-profit, apolitical and secular. Emergency First International was born from the merger between two French NGO PremiÃ¨re Urgence and Aide MÃ©dicale Internationale.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Location Borno
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
For this purpose, you will be responsible for:
Context analysis / Strategy / Development:
- You will participate in the development of the operational strategy in Health and contributes to the design of new relevant Health interventions on the mission based on the identified Health needs in the country, and in line with PUI’s Health policy and intervention framework.
- In coordination with the Health team, you will carry out epidemiological monitoring for the country and analyse strengths and weaknesses from a public health perspective.
- You will provide technical support in your field of expertise to the programme teams, in particular to the Health Programme Managers, and ensure the quality and effectiveness of the mission’s Health programmes.
Representation / Coordination:
- You will ensure PUI’s external representation for the Health sector to partners, donors, national authorities and local actors.
- You will represent PUI in the Health Cluster / Health sector coordination group meetings.
- You will contribute to good information sharing within the Health sector.
Human Resources / Training:
- You will provide technical support to the project teams and in particular to the Health teams.
- You will provide support to the project managers for the recruitment of technical staff in Health. Working alongside the Head of Mission (HoM) and/or the Deputy HoM for Programs and the HQ Health Advisor, you will identify key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and gaps within Health department.
- You will supervise the content of Health training and the quality of Health activities on the basis of identified needs.
Logistics and Administration:
- You will ensure the teams under your responsibility follow logistic and administrative procedures and keep the logistic and administrative departments informed of any relevant developments.
- You will contribute to compliance with security rules on the mission and share all information related to security with your line manager and/or to the mission’s security manager.
- You will contribute when necessary to the choice of referral options for the health care of the mission’s expatriates.
The Challenges that Await you :
- Fulfilling program pharmaceutical needs due to delays in receiving international orders, government policies on customs prohibited import bun drugs, and donor policies on procurement of drugs.
- Lack of access to the implementation area for monitoring and supervising the activities due to restricted road movements.
- A person must have a good experience in remote management and be familiar with a similar context.
- Challenging support from the Ministry of Health officials affecting the program implementation.
- Persistent and recurring outbreaks of diseases and acute malnutrition increase the pressure on the health system and ongoing health projects.
What you will need to succeed:
- You hold a Medical Diploma or Paramedic Training and completed a Medical Internship.
- If you got a Master’s Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health or Project Management, it would be an asset.
- You are strengthened by minimum of 3 years of experience in the field with international NGOs in medical project coordination.
- A previous experience as Medical Coordinator or in an equivalent position would be appreciated.
- You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- You mastered humanitarian project management and team management, you have a detailed knowledge of donors prerequisites.
- You also have excellent writing skills.
- You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally.
- You demonstrate good team spirit, the ability to make decisions, trustworthiness and a sense of responsibility, organizational skills, reactivity, ability to be thorough and to adapt.
- You have a strong ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic, Spanish, and/or French, it would be a definite asset.