Action Against Hunger | ACF International, a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger, works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Location: Yobe
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit , Project Management
Under the management of the Deputy Country Director Operations, you are responsible for the overall management of operational aspects in support to the program team. The Field Coordinator will also work closely with technical coordinators to ensure proper planning and implementation of activities as per work plans, as well as ensuring that the mission’s procedures are respected and followed by the field teams, as well as serve as the Team Leader and Security focal person.
More precisely, your role is to :
- Manage and develop ACF Programming and Strategy in Yobe State through proper PCM (Project Cycle Management) follow-up and implementation of project activities while ensuring a good level of coordination and integration of new program assessments and project evaluations in project areas
- Ensure Safety & Security of ACF personnel and assets with risk analysis, updated security plans, a good security network, coordination with Crisis Management Team and briefing of all staff on security and context changes.
- Follow ACF Finance, Human Resources, and Logistics in LGAs of responsibility in Yobe state.
- Represent ACF on the field and adherence to Mandate, Charter and Principles.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and be responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
- You hold a Degree in Social sciences or any relevant degree – a relevant Masters degree is a plus.
- You are fluent in English and have a significant experience with INGOs in insecure setting on the same type of position.
- A previous experience with ACF in emergency and post-emergencies is an asset.
- You have excellent management skills specially of large scale programme (HR, projects, stress management) and the ability to organize, train and motivate a multicultural team.
- You are diplomatic, a good negociator, disciplined and able to work independently with excellent drafting and written skills.
For international profiles :
- Fixed term contract under French legislation: 12 months
- Monthly gross salary from 2597 to 2968€ upon experience
- Reimbursement of the pension insurance for non-French citizens: 16% of the gross monthly salary
- Annual salary increase: 6% increase after and each 12 months of continuous contract
- Monthly per diem and living allowance: $754 net, field paid
- Monthly country allowance: 450€
- Child allowance: 1500€ per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000€/year)
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage: ACF covers 100% of the social security, health insurance, and repatriation insurance agreement fees.
- Salary sustainment measures (sickness, paternity, maternity)
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year, airfare reimbursement with a ceiling to get to the chosen break destination, and 215 € for each RnR period
- Accompaniment and trainings:
- Follow-up and support for career development
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
- Other benefits (gifts vouchers; birth, wedding, etc…)