Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver (Daily Worker)
Contract: 208 working hours per month
- Performing the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country’s traffic rules and MSF security rules, in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service.
- Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carry out hand over if another needs to use the vehicle
- Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, to avoid car accidents.
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling and ensuring non-MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle.
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver’s driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Knowing how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver’s position and any potential implications.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passagers know and respect the security rules.
- Essential literacy and driving license.
- Good knowledge of country roads.
- Essential: 2 years minimum of previous driving experience
- Desirable experience with specific vehicles to use (4×4)
- Knowledge of Abuja roads
- Vehicle mechanic experience is an added advantage
- Desirable previous experience in MSF or other NGOs
- Fluency in English Essential and any local language desirable
- Desirable knowledge of basic mechanics.
- Good knowledge of mission area roads.
Application Closing Date
29th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a copy of their valid driver’s license with contact details to the “Human Resources Manager” via: email@example.com using “Driver” as the subject of the mail.
Sumbit Hard copy at the Application box of:
Médecins Sans Frontières – France (MSFF)
26 Olu Agabi Close,
Life Camp, Abuja.
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.