Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina was established by the Katsina State Law No 7 of 2006 as amended by Law No. 2 of 2009. Umaru Musa Yar’adua University aspires to be one of the best Universities in Nigeria with an established reputation for high quality teaching and research and innovative learning delivery techniques and to be in full harmony with its host community as the formulator of its hopes and aspirations and the promoter of its core cultural and spiritual values.
The Management, on behalf of the Governing Council, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Security
- The Director Security is responsible to the Vice Chancellor in the provision of security and the protection of lives and property within the University and its environment.
Other duties include:
- Daily administration of the Security Division and its operation areas in the University,
- Responsible for the maintenance of peace and order in the University;
- Responsible for the compilation/computerization of crime records in the University;
- Responsible for intelligence gathering with a view to averting security breaches in the University and its property;
- Deployment of intelligence in safeguarding lives and property within the University;
- Initiate periodic security enlightenment programmes on crime prevention and detection;
- Liaise with State security agencies on security matters
- Initiate in-house training programmes for security staff, ix. Participate in drills;
- Ensure the supervision and discipline of security staff;
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports for the Directorate
- Prepare annual budget for the Directorate;
- Recommend the purchase of equipment for performance enhancement;
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor and provide some professional and community service.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must possess a good honours Degree in Humanities; Social Sciences or LLB Law from a recognized University (specialty in Psychology and Criminology will be an added advantage) with 18 years cognate experience in the law enforcement agency and/or security related organization; or
- Master’s Degree in Humanities; Social Sciences or LLM Law from a recognized University (specialty in psychology and criminology will be an added advantage) with 15 years cognate experience in the law enforcement agency and/or security related organization; or
- Retired Officer not below the rank of Assistant Commissioner of Police or its equivalent in the military; the DSS or other law enforcement agencies, with service discharge certificate;
- Candidate must be of sound character with clean records of commitment and dedication to duties;
- The candidate shall not be older than sixty (60) years at the time of assumption of duty.
Terms and Conditions of Service
Salary, allowances and other conditions of service attached to the position are the same with the approved salary structure for Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
18th August, 2023.
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified candidates are required to submit completed and endorsed University employment form (which is to be acquired in the Bursary Department) with fifteen (15) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) along with their Vision for the position, providing information on the following:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address, Email and Telephone numbers
- Marital Status
- Degrees (including dates/class and institutions) and/or any other qualifications and distinctions (Photocopies of Certificates to be attached)
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts
- Other activities outside current employment
- Extra-curricular activities
- Proposed date of availability for duties, if appointed
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees
- Any other relevant information.
All Applications are to be addressed & submitted under confidential cover with envelop marked “Post of Director Security, UMYU” to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
2nd Floor, Engr. Musa Daji Abdullahi Senate Building,
Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina,
P.M.B, 2218, Tafawa Balewa Road,
Katsina State, Nigeria.
Applications are to be submitted with an evidence of payment of processing fee of the sum of thirty thousand (N30,000.00) Naira only into the University Account with details as follows:
Account Number: 2008746355
Account Name: UMYU IGR Account
Bank: First Bank Nigeria Plc.
- The Candidate should also state in clear terms in not more than 500 words, his/her vision for the University in the next five years with particular reference to administration, control and innovations of its Security Directorate.
- In addition to stating the names and addresses of three (3) referees, applicants should request their referees to forward references on their behalf directly to the address above.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The University Management reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed necessary, and/or re-advertise the position should this particular process not yield the desired results.
- This advertisement does not impose any legal obligation on the University to invite, accept or deal in whatsoever manner with any applicant.