Network of People Living with HIV and AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN) was established in 1998 as a non-governmental Organization to serve as a collective voice of PLHIV in the Country. The Organization is registered with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in Nigeria in September 2004.
NEPWHAN is now Seventeen (17) Years Old as a vibrant patient community network in Nigeria. The network formed since 1998 has established structures at the zonal and all States including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and as well saddled with the responsibility of coordinating, supervising and monitoring activities and programs of over 1, 030 support groups membership across the Federation making it one of the biggest Patient network in Africa. Our GOALNEPWHAN has formed constituent bodies; Association of Youth Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (APYIN), Association of Women Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (ASWHAN), Association of Religious Leaders Living with and Personally Affected by HIV/AIDS (NINERELA+) to advocate and provide HIV programming intervention for the specific needs of their targets and members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community PMTCT Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- The Community PMTCT Officer – PMTCT & Pediatrics / Adolescents is responsible for day-to-day support of the Health management teams (HMT) and the Health care providers in the provision of PMTCT, HIV/ AIDS care and treatment services for AYPs, pregnant and lactating women as well as their children and families with the community
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Medicine, B.Sc Degree in Nursing Officer / Higher Diploma in Nursing / Clinical Medicine (RH) with 3 years of continuous HIV program implementation or diploma in nursing/clinical medicine with 5 years of continuous HIV program implementation.
- Significant and up-to-date knowledge of the current ART, PMTCT, TB/HIV, HTC guidelines, standards, tools and best practices.
- Experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program implementation with demonstrated expertise in initiating care and treatment services in a public, faith based or private health facility.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and facilitating training in HIV / AIDS prevention, care and treatment areas.
- Knowledge of Global FundProgram reporting requirements including familiarity with the data collection and reporting tools.
- Proficiency in computer.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, report writing and analytical skills.
- Dedicated team player with ability and experience to work in a multidisciplinary team.
Application Closing Date
6th December, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org using their names and the job location as the subject of the mail.
- Above documents should be attached as one MS Word Document or PDF
- Candidates should indicate the position they apply for in the subject line of the email, as follows: Name, Position,and Location. E.g. Peter James Okoh_NEPWHAN Headquarters, Abuja.
- Preference will be given to persons living with HIV PLHIV, who are qualified for the positions.
- Nephrology Nurse at Abuja Clinics
- Hospital Sales Executive at DKT International
- Health Officer (Re-advertised) At Hand in Hand for Aid and Development
- Call Centre Nurse at Prepaid Medicare Services HMO