The Incorporated Trustees of Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization [hereinafter referred to as “Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization] (WEWE) a local not-for-profit Non-Governmental Organization (NGO).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Pharmacist
Locations: Abuja (FCT) and Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- S/he will manage the administration of Antiretroviral (ARV) drugs and Post-exposure prophylaxis (PErP) for the community pharmacies
- S/he will process prescriptions for ARV refills and PrEP
- S/he will be responsible for the collection of clinical data from the uptake of ARV and PrEP from the community pharmacies
- S/he will supervise the management of the ARV and PrEP register and tracker at the community pharmacies
- S/he will mentor the staff of community pharmacies on proper prescription, dispensing and health promotion, and counseling of ARV and PrEP drugs
Qualifications / Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) or Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) Degree from a College of Pharmacy that is accredited by the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria, or HND in Pharmaceutical Technology or any related field
- Must have obtained a B. Pharm certificate from the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria (PCN)
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent in Public Health, Epidemiology, an MPH, MBBS, Medical, or other relevant Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- At least 7 years of experience as a Pharmacist/TB Specialist
- Knowledge of pharmacy and TB frameworks, policies, and strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building, training, and mentorship of health workers.
- S/he shall possess effective counseling and parenting skills
- Familiarity with the Nigerian health system is an added advantage.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional-level English language skills, presentation, and reporting skills
- S/he will have a good understanding of confidentiality and healthy relationship engagement with beneficiaries
- Proven analytical, report writing, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in working with ICT systems, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of PEPFAR Program reporting requirements including familiarity with the data collection and reporting tool.
Application Closing Date
16th February, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable individual is selected. While WEWE thanks all for showing interest, only shortlisted individuals will be contacted.