MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Product Officer
Job ID: 3499
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer – CEO Fintech
Division: MoMo Payment Service Bank (MoMo PSB)
- Lead the strategy formulation, monitor execution, and is responsible for operationalizing the key product and service verticals across MoMo PSB: Payments and E-Commerce; InsureTech; BankTech; Remittance and Digital Services.
- Lead the creation and implementation of the functional strategy in line with the overarching business goals and in line with the group mandate by means of developing and providing direction, structure, frameworks, models, plans, and roadmaps.
- Lead a regular review of the functional strategy and roadmap to ensure its alignment with the changing dynamics of the internal and external ecosystem.
- Lead efforts to design and deliver products and services that expand access to financial services for underserved populations, contributing to the CBN’s financial inclusion objectives.
- Drive innovation in product development, leveraging emerging technologies and customer insights to deliver products that cater to the unbanked and underbanked populations.
- Ensure that all product offerings adhere to CBN regulations and maintain a strong understanding of evolving regulatory changes in the fintech/banking space.
- Monitor performance and alignment with MoMo PSB as well as group strategy.
- Report on a monthly basis to the CEO relating to progress made within the function and in accordance with the measurement metrics set by the organization.
- Report on an ad hoc basis on specific projects, as required.
- Deliver business value through partnerships with MoMo PSB’s ecosystem partners and customers to enhance MoMo PSB’s corporate brand.
- Provide guidelines and policy direction to achieve departmental goals and ensure proper documentation of policies and procedures throughout the product and service life cycle.
- Act as custodian of all product and service blueprints, wireframes, and documents in MoMo PSB.
- Oversee the development of business cases for localization in product design, pricing, and offerings; sign off on recommendations.
- Lead and drive group P&S executive alignment to the localizations made in product design, pricing, and offerings.
- Develop alliances and partnerships with businesses and MFSs in the development of new P&S for business growth and performance.
- Oversee and guide adequate risk mitigation and controls in the function.
- Define and implement key performance indicators and metrics to support team alignment with business strategy, and use these metrics to drive service delivery excellence.
- Provide leadership and direction in the operations, leading the team to deliver on the respective business targets and improve the overall performance of the department.
- Identify, evaluate, and track the development needs and performance of team members.
- Coach and mentor the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of all related job requirements and accountabilities, and leverage human resources career development programs for staff career development.
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Commerce, or a related field coupled with an MBA or Masters will be advantageous.
- Certifications in any of the following areas are also desirable:
- Certified Product Manager (CPM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Certified Fintech Professional (CFtP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM).
- Minimum 12 years relevant experience in a similar position with at least 5 years in a managerial role
- Experience in fintech, banking, or financial services is mandatory.
- Successful track record as a senior management professional in delivering exceptional fintech products, business growth, and financial results
- Experience working in a global or multinational enterprise with a good understanding of emerging markets.
Application Closing Date
12th February, 2024 (10:59 AM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online