Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 2 years
- Location: Yobe
- Job Field: Administration / Secretarial
You will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective, and efficient administrative activities in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Facilitate communication with all units of the organization and external stakeholders as relevant. Send/receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail/faxes/letters/documents.
- Provide specialized administrative transactions and processes (e.g. translate, type, proofread, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft simple correspondence messages).
- Prepare transactional documents in support of general operations processes and support coordination of transaction processing (e.g. payment requests, travel authorizations, travel advances, visas, etc.).
- Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to general administration processes (e.g. various contact lists, employee leave balances, staff attendance reports, Vehicle Log Sheets review, visitors’ welcome packages, etc.).
- Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities.
- Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labeling, physical counts, etc.
- Supervise the activities of the Guest house attendant and manage staff accommodation bookings in the Guest House.
- Prepare and share utility reports (e.g. monthly generator usage report, office space allocation reports, etc.)
Required Languages – List languages required to perform the job
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%. .
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results oriented
- Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
- Bachelors or HND required. Professional diploma/Certificate or courses in Administration preferred.
- Two years’ experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.