MEDA is an international economic development organization whose mission is to create business solutions to poverty. Founded in 1953 by a group of Mennonite business professionals, we partner with the poor to start or grow small and medium-sized businesses in developing regions around the world. Our expertise includes a full range of economic development tools: financial services, improved technology, business training, better access to markets and equity investment. Our work most often focuses on women, youth and the rural poor. We believe that all people deserve the opportunity to earn a livelihood and that unleashing entrepreneurship is a powerful way to alleviate poverty.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 10 years
- Location: Bauchi
- Job Field: Agriculture / Agro-Allied
The inflation of agricultural commodities in Nigeria especially grains and inorganic fertilizers have redirected farmers into producing legumes to circumvent the growing expenses with fertilizers and pesticides. This, coupled with an observed poor performance of clients engaged in the groundnut value chain, informed the need to engage the services of a consultant to provide technical assistance on value addition to clients engaged in the groundnut value chain.
SCOPE OF CONSULTANCY
The Nigeria WAY project seeks the services of an expert with experience in value addition for groundnut value chain. The expert will be expected to provide technical assistance on processes and opportunities along the value chain to women agro-processors. Specifically, the expert should be able to provide the following services:
- Training on good groundnut agronomic practices.
- Training on product quality improvement and packaging.
- Training on new innovative products and opportunities in the groundnut value chain.
- Training clients on some basic technologies (including bio-technologies) used in groundnut processing.
- Must have legal business registration (CAC or State registration) and a valid TIN number.
- Must have experience dealing with rural women agro-processors.
- Must have knowledge on agro-technologies used within the groundnut value chain.
- Must have knowledge of various products and processing techniques for the groundnut value chain.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
Interested and qualified businesses should Submit a one-page letter of interest to MEDA via email with subject title “Groundnut Value Chain Consultant”.
- The one-page letter should:
Be on company letter head showing office address, contact phone number, contact email.
Brief information of the company.
The letter is to be addressed to:
C/o The Country Project Manager,
No 5, Zaranda Road,
New GRA (Behind Shagari Shopping Complex),
Bauchi, Bauchi State
- CV of lead person(s) should also be attached.
- Also attach photocopies of CAC certificates.