Committed To Good (CTG) is an award-winning private sector company that enables humanitarian and development projects in conflict zones. As a people solutions business, we recruit, deploy and manage the right people with the right skills to implement projects in the world’s toughest regions.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Bauchi
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit , Project Management
- The State Supervisor will perform his / her tasks, duties & responsibilities delegated under the direct supervision of UNICEF Nutrition Specialist, Bauchi field office.
- The State Supervisor will work closely with our clients focal point in field office & with SMOH State Nutrition Officer, nutrition focal persons & other state & LGA level staff of Bauchi State to strengthen the capacity of government system in the states. S / He will support the efforts of state government to promote child survival & development through prevention & treatment of malnutrition, especially severe acute malnutrition (through IMAM), counselling & promotion for adoption of recommended IYCF practices & micronutrient supplementation among children 6 – 23 months.
- The State Supervisor will provide support in ensuring effective coordination, networking & information sharing with the government & other stakeholders in Bauchi state, to help scale up the management of severe acute malnutrition (IMAM intervention), community infant & young child feeding & micronutrient supplementation & home fortification activities.
- Identify bottle necks in the implementation of nutrition interventions (IMAM, IYCF, MNDC & advocacy) & systematically explore solutions in collaboration with State Nutrition Officer, LGA nutrition focal person & supervisor.
- Ensure effective operation of systems for community based management of severe acute malnutrition for children with age of under 5 years.
- Conduct monitoring & supportive supervision in collaboration with SNOs / nutrition focal persons to identify & document the success & challenges of the program.
- The State Supervisor in cooperation with State Logistic Officers & SMOH SNO, will assist in planning, develop distribution plans, supply requisition & ensure timely delivery of nutrition supplies to the PHC & / or IMAM sites.
- Support State Nutrition Officers to prepare & timely submit proposal required by our client.
- Support in preparing & submitting weekly & monthly reports including IMAM data (admissions, defaulters, cured & death as well as stock levels & any potential supply gaps) as well as updates on community IYCF & MNDC activities.
- Articulate the monthly work plan in collaboration with our clients focal point & submit for approval to the supervisor & report the implementation progress.
- Review correctness & completeness of routine program data (IMAM, IYCF, MNDC) in collaboration with State Nutrition Officer before its submission to our clients field office.
- Follow up implementation of state (our client) supported activities to ensure they are according to the proposed budget & activity plan.
- A detailed work plan submitted, discussed & reviewed with the supervisor at the beginning of each month.
- A monthly progress report submitted to the supervisor for review, discussion & feedback.
- Weekly trip reports & summary of action points from meetings submitted to the supervisor for weekly activities undertaken.
- A quarterly monitoring & supervision report should be submitted to the supervisor indicating best practices, challenges, proposed solutions & next steps.
- Nutrition program data including IMAM, IYCF, data submitted not later than 6th of the following month.
- A monthly update on the status of nutrition supplies at the state & LGA level submitted not later than 1st of each month.
- University Degree in Nutrition or Public Health or Nursing or Biochemistry or related technical areas & at least minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in management of acute malnutrition, IYCF & basic nutrition programming.
- Must be computer literate.
- Fluency in English & Hausa is compulsory.
- At least 5 year experience in health / nutrition program management.
- Demonstrated skills with statistics analysis software related to data management.
- Experience in working with communities on nutrition or other health related issues.
- Experience working in emergencies will be an advantage.
- Good verbal & communication skills.
- Working with people.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouarged to apply for this role.