RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 10 – 12 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Develops the grants management program with the input and oversight of the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Operations, and the RTI Office of Contracts.
- Oversees grants management process and subcontracts for local organizations, including grant proposal tracking, review, and approval process.
- Maintains financial management files for grants and ensures audit trail for all necessary grant documentation.
- Ensures timely financial disbursements, compliance with grants financial management policies, monitors all grant expenses, and provides regular updates on grant status.
- Provides technical assistance as required to build capacity of local partners and grantees.
- Reviews technical and financial proposals from local NGOs/CBOs, including negotiating annual budgets, and reviews grantee financial expenditure reports for accuracy and adherence to the SOW and budget.
- Master’s degree and 10 years of experience, or bachelor’s degree and 12 years of experience.
- At least six years of experience in grants design and administration, management, and distribution of grants; experience administering USAID grants preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of development issues in the program regions, ability to travel and work in the field with administrative and sector technicians, as well as civil society organizations.
- Demonstrated competency in the use of computers, computer programs
- Prior experience with USAID-funded programs strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, and with multiple concurrent demands.
- Ability to travel and work in any of the anticipated priority states.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Verbal and written English proficiency is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to RTI International on globalcareers-rtiinc.icims.com to apply