Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer – Case Management
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- As a member of the Global Fund project team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
- The GF Malaria Project Officer-Case Management will provide program oversight in malaria case management, including tracking of SRs’ deliverables, targets and reports. S/he will collate and review reports and ensure compliance with donor requirements and organizational policies and procedures.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
Other Specific Responsibilities
Program and Case Management:
- Ensure that SR program and Case Management activities are implemented according to the approved work plan and budget, focusing on meeting agreed deadlines.
- Assist in organizing monthly PR-SR review meetings, quarterly review meetings with GF CT and other periodic program reviews, ensuring that case management is prioritized
- Support the preparation/finalization of meeting agenda and distribute minutes of meetings
- Support the development and tracking of GF Malaria Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP)
- Ensure that the CRS Zero Cash Policy is adhered to during implementation
- Provide technical and programmatic support required for improving malaria service uptake
- Ensure that SR Service uptake activities are implemented according to the approved work plan and budget, focusing on meeting agreed deadlines.
- Work closely with the Programme team and SRs to drive malaria service uptake in health facilities and in the community.
- Work closely with relevant government organizations at national and state levels, as well as other stakeholders, to strengthen quality of case management.
Training and Mentoring:
- Provide regular programmatic support to SRs in the implementation of grant activities such as trainings, workshops and other capacity development interventions.
- Support the SRs’ planning and implementation of trainings, workshops and other capacity development interventions.
- Represent CRS at all required national level sub-committee/technical meetings with NMEP, liaising with other partners as required
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Global Fund Malaria Program Team, Deputy Country Representative, Country Representative, Head of Operations, Finance, Procurement and Administration Staff, Regional and Senior Technical Advisors, Deputy Regional Directors for PQ and MQ
- External: Global Fund’s Fund Portfolio Manager and Nigeria Country Team, SRs, State Ministries of Health (SMOH), National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) within the Federal Ministry of Health (MoH), Technical and Financial Partners, supported health facilities, Local Fund Agent (LFA)
- MBBS / MD / B.Pharm is required
- At least 3 years post NYSC relevant experience
- At least one year of malaria programming experience
- Excellent English language skills (oral and written communication skills)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- English language
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 70%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Project Officer – Case Management at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Project Officer – 4Gates Technical Specialist Case Management at Catholic Relief Service (CRS)
- Program Manager / CRS Senior Project Officer at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Consultant – System Strengthening Case Study at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)