FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 1 – 3 years
- Location: Not specified
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
- Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Program/M&E Assistant performs functions related to administrative support, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities for the Alive & Thrive Project, Nigeria.
Program Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administrative/Operational Support: Ensure all recorded/tracked data is accurate and meets program monitoring and reporting needs; provide general procurement/administrative actions as needed; schedule team meetings; manage electronic filing system; and other administrative duties, as assigned.
- Support Program Procurement and Financial Actions: Facilitate, monitor, track and process payments for vendors and consultants, supply orders, and other procurement duties, as assigned.
- Support Program Activities: Provide general research and troubleshooting support for team; and contribute to partner report sections, as requested.
- : Maintain professional standard of communication with colleagues, consultants, and beneficiaries; and ensure work style contributes to team building and a professional environment where colleagues can work together productively
M&E Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Write reports on activities carried out in the field including site visit reports.
- Provide technical assistance to project implementing partners in building capacity in the use of data collection tools, monitoring and evaluation, and analysis.
- Conduct monitoring and supportive supervisory visits to project implementing sites.
- Receive, enter, and analyze data from the sites as needed to produce reports and provide feedback to the line manager.
- Support concrete proposals for the implementation of methods to improve the management and quality of project data.
- Ensure the archiving and security of data and various project reports.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by his/her supervisor.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of nutrition, health, and development programming in a developing country.
- Working knowledge of donor policies as well as international not-for-profit organizations.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Basic budget tracking or financial management skills.
- Training and presentation skills would be an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and a self-starter attitude
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and other relevant software.
Qualifications and requirements:
- BS/BA in public health, health sciences, behavioral sciences, social sciences, international development, or its recognized equivalent with 1-3 years of relevant experience in similar position with international development programs.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Prior experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to fhi 360 on fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply