Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Coordinator Nigeria M/F
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the supervision of the head of mission, the Program coordinator will be in charge of the fundraising, grants management, supervision of programs and the program team.
Your main responsibilities are the following (evolving and non exhaustive list) :
- Contribute to the elaboration of the mission’s operational strategy in line with SIF’s global strategy and Nigeria country strategy: context analysis and its evolution, needs assessment analysis, elaboration of problem trees and identification of solutions, project design, proposal writing, budgeting and HR dimensioning.
- Ensure proper conception of the projects: needs assessments, baseline survey, project design (log frames, work plans, budgets, technical sheets…).
- Propose a technical approach as well as a financial, human and logistical scope for the programs to be implemented
- Ensure that program objectives meet sustainability requirements and, if required, compliance with established norms and standards
- Elaborate donors reports according to the deadlines.
- Elaborate ad hoc reports: mission, follow-up, survey, training, etc. as needed.
- Foster team spirit, ensuring that the individuals work effectively together as a team to achieve the project objectives.
- Ensure the respects of the projects procurement procedures.
- Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Action, Social Sciences, Economics, International Relation or any other related topics.
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience in humanitarian work,
- Minimum of 1 year at a key program and team management position.
- Proven capacity of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing and responding to opportunities and challenges with the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
- Leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff).
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
- 6 months, full time, renewable
- Contract start date: ASAP
- Remuneration according to profile
- Per diem, guesthouse
- Health insurance – 60% covered by SIF
- Repatriation/liability insurance – 100% covered by SIF
- Break allowance during the 3 and 9 month breaks
- Airfare to and from the mission location to home – paid by SIF at 6 and 12 months.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online