Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The USAID-funded West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Project (hereinafter referred to as the Trade Hub) is a five-year, $140 million trade and investment facilitation activity that seeks to improve private sector competitiveness in West Africa through a market-based approach.
- By working in partnership with the private sector and fostering co-investments, the project will generate new private-sector capital investment into key sectors to create jobs and increase trade between the U.S. and West Africa, including through increased utilization of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA). The project comprises of three main components:
- Design and administration of a Co-Investment fund for private sector partnerships, including a portion for partnerships in Research and Development (R&D) towards innovating and modernizing practices in Nigeria across five targeted value chains;
- Technical assistance (TA) that directly supports, coordinates, and engages with qualifying recipients (i.e., partners and grantees) to achieve USAID’s trade and food security objectives;
- Urgently respond to the secondary economic impacts of COVID-19, notably to increase the access of working capital with financial actors, prevent job loss, and respond to supply shortages by scaling up local response.
- Through this Co-Investment fund and technical assistance, the Trade Hub will improve companies’ abilities to expand business operations, increase productivity, and create jobs that build on the talents and aspirations of West Africa’s growing population. The Trade Hub will;
- collaborate on specific commercial opportunities with firms, service providers, research organizations, as well as other business network actors to access private capital that will contribute to large-scale jobs, exports and investment, particularly with strong demonstrated or potential links to the U.S. companies and investors.
- Under the supervision of the Operation Manager, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for reviewing overall procurement processes, tracking procurement of goods and services through the procurement cycle, ensuring that adequate competition is achieved for procurements, and providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation and compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- S/he will also provide timely staff services and efficient office operations including mail, inventory management, supplies and equipment maintenance.
- Reporting: This position will report to the Operations Manager.
- Maintain comprehensive procurement files, including solicitations, proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts and correspondence on all procurements, following policies and local law;
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to the needs of the project;
- Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency;
- Process procurements according to U.S. Government (USG) rules and regulations, as well as Creative procurement processes;
- Compile and review budgets, solicited quotations, negotiations, and analysis to recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees;
- Coordinate transportation and delivery of procurement and inventory;
- Respond to procurement requests related to supplies, materials for project activities;
- Verify deliveries are complete and done in a timely manner;
- Ensure prompt update of the procurement files into the procurement database, IDMS; and
- Perform procurement process for the hiring of consultants
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Logistics and Consultants:
- Provide oversight of vehicle logs, vehicle maintenance;
- Identify vehicle needs and review driver timesheets;
- Handle all email, mail and phone general inquiries and requests for information and materials;
- Collect project logistical updates for monthly organization report;
- Assist with ordering supplies and inventory, as needed;
- Assist with trip expense reports, photocopying, ordering books and materials as needed; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred; high school diploma required;
- At least four (4) years of general work experience and two (2) years of experience relevant to this position;
- Experience working on USAID or similar internationally funded programs;
- Strong knowledge of USG procurement rules and regulations;
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems;
- Strong communication skills;
- Medium level knowledge of spoken and written English desired
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.