The Georgetown Global Health Nigeria (GGHN) is the operational arm and an affiliate of Georgetown University Centre for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) in Nigeria. GGHN is a Non–profit, Non-Governmental Organization in Nigeria that promotes best practices in health care delivery and research using local and internationally adapted models to strengthen health systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Summary Scope of work
- The Operations Manager reports to the CEO and will provide operational and administrative oversight at the GGHN country office.
- He/she will provide technical support to operations and administrative team members in all GGHN field offices and ensure that operations management systems and processes function to meet internal needs for implementing GGHN programs.
- The Operations Manager will also ensure that all administrative reports follow GGHN and donors’ rules and regulations, as well as other applicable approved procedures at all times.
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring cost consciousness, the efficiency of administrative operations, and maintaining an on-site administrative system required to ensure the integrity and effective performance of country office operations.
Administration & Logistics Management:
- Ensure country office administration runs smoothly to support effective and efficient program implementation
- Ensure effective and efficient logistics and facility management systems for the smooth running of country office and program activities
- Responsible for supporting logistics team members in reporting operational usage of vehicle fleet and other facility equipment
- Develop and implement capacity-building plans for all official drivers of GGHN’s vehicles
- Ensure prompt renewal and management of all facility-related leases
- Manage all processes for importation/international shipment of goods on behalf of GGHN
- Responsible for the overall management and maintenance of GGHN assets
- Responsible for the security and safety of GGHN office premises, materials, and assets
- Develop and implement administrative protocols that comply with USAID and GGHN regulations and standards
- Adhere strictly to compliance indicators for field administrative operations.
- Track and report exceptions
- Coordinate with the CEO to identify areas of improvement in administrative processes
- Ensure documentation of administrative procedures are complete and available for audit and all third-party reviews.
- Ensure conformance with established sourcing and procurement processes that promote transparency and integrity.
- Prioritizes, evaluates, and manages procurement needs and opportunities.
- Ensure that all processes followed in procurement are documented for references, audits, and other third-party reviews
- Responsible for ensuring vendor database is updated in line with GGHN’s policy
- Enhance supplier relationships to drive sourcing & supplier initiatives to meet or exceed product quality or service and deliver sustainable cost reductions while reducing or mitigating risk in procurement management
- Ensure compliance with donor and GGHN procurement regulations and conformance to compliance indicators for procurement. Responsible for ensuring proper tracking and reporting against performance.
- Conduct review meetings with all project procurement staff to review compliance and implement improvements and best practices.
- Ensure compliance with document retention strategy for the department.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc. Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or relevant field. A Master’s degree is highly desired.
- Professional Certification in Project Management is an added advantage.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of demonstrated administrative experience within an international not-for-profit (NGO) organization.
- Previous experience in a PEPFAR award is highly desired
- Practical understanding and application of donor regulations in large and complex projects is highly desired
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in the use of fleet management and reporting software.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of database applications, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, and a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and partners.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
- Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Be self-motivated and proactive, and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
Application Closing Date
9th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and supporting document demonstrating similar work experience to: [email protected] with “Operations Manager (Country Office)” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only candidates that match the qualifications will be considered and contacted by GGHN.