“What are we aiming at?” That’s the question our first president, Daniel Coit Gilman, asked at his inauguration in 1876. What is this place all about, exactly? His answer: “The encouragement of research . . . and the advancement of individual scholars, who by their excellence will advance the sciences they pursue, and the society where they dwell.” Gilman believed that teaching and research go hand in hand-that success in one depends on success in the other-and that a modern university must do both well. He also believed that sharing our knowledge and discoveries would help make the world a better place. After 140 years, we haven’t strayed from that vision. This is still a destination for excellent, ambitious scholars and a world leader in teaching and research. Distinguished professors mentor students in the arts and music, humanities, social and natural sciences, engineering, international studies, education, business, and the health professions. Those same faculty members, and their colleagues at the university’s Applied Physics Laboratory, have made us the nation’s leader in federal research and development funding every year since 1979. That’s a fitting distinction for America’s first research university, a place that revolutionized higher education in America.
- Experience 3 – 4 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
The HR Temp hire will report to the Senior HR Specialist. S/He will support in posting and longlisting applications for Jhpiego open vacancies. The successful candidate will also assist in documenting HR procedures and processes.
- Manage the posting of job advertisements on relevant job boards
- Work with the HR team to longlist applications for various vacancies.
- Provide critical recruitment administrative support to Human Resources Office
- Work with HR Officers to manage staff on-boarding across all Jhpiego offices in the country
- Ensure adequate documentation of recruitment processes
- Work with HR Assistant to create new staff files meeting checklist requirements
- Assists in tracking staff insurance claims and other cases liaising with the Insurer;
- Checks medical reimbursements of staff and dependents for completeness and files claims to the Insurer for a refund; follows up on these claims, enabling on-time reimbursement
- Assist in maintaining up-to-date employee records in both electronic and hard copy files and ensure the files are complete and all required documentation maintained in a confidential and secure manner
- Assist in creating personal files of new Joinees as per the checklist.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc. degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related field.
- 3-4 years proven Human Resources management experience in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Knowledge of Nigerian Labour Law.
- Experience in managing full recruitment cycle.
- Experience working in an iNGO will be an added advantage
- Experience working in a busy office
- Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- A broad variety of administrative and office management skills.
- A team player with experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently and as part of a team
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jhpiego – John Hopkins University on jobs-jhpiego.icims.com to apply