Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organisation in Nigeria, implementing programmes in malaria prevention, and treatment, Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, new-born, and child health care. SFH ignites the power of health system thinking and market shaping to transform health outcomes.
An emerging pan African organization, we provide a partnership platform to communities, donors, the private sector and government to co-create and implement actions that create real and measurable impact at individual, family, society, and country level. In a career at SFH, you will be the centre of making all these happen. You will be joining a team of problem solvers, with real passion to change the world in a fast-paced environment. We are a truly Nigerian rooted organisation with global standards and a diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive, and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Operations Advisor
Job ID: sfh-73848
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
Job type: Full-time
- We are looking for talented people with a track record of high performance and passion for providing healthcare for their community to join our vibrant workforce under our Key Population Community HIV/AIDS Services Action and Response (KPCARE-2) project currently being implemented in Northern Nigeria to reduce the rate of new HIV infections and minimize the impact of HIV on key populations in Nigeria
- The purpose of this position is to ensure effective and efficient management of KP CARE 2 project’s funds and compliance with all relevant laws and policies at the state level.
- He/She is responsible for managing Operations, Compliance, Cleaning and Security staff on the KP CARE 2 project at the state level.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- State Project Bank Management: Monthly Bank reconciliation, Cash planning and Management
- Vendor Payments. Transaction Posting, Payment processing, Documentation and archiving.
- Audits: Internal Audit and Internal Control review, External Audit and USAID review
- Budgets and Budgetary control: State budget management and monitoring, Accurate GL Posting, Variance Analysis report.
- Review and ensure timely remittance of all statutory deductions, PAYE, WHT
- Procurement/Administrative Management: Project vehicle servicing and maintenance /Car hire services Asset Management, Logistics Management, Inventory Management and administration, Office Management, Field procurement, Human resources Management
- Training and mentoring on financial management and organizational effectiveness
Qualifications / Experience
- First Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Professional Qualification such as ACA, ACCA would be an added advantage
- A minimum of Four (4) years’ experience with progressively increasing responsibility in financial management, reporting, operation, and general office management.
- Very strong fundamental accounting skills
- Problem solving and analytical ability
- Managing Resources
- Risk Management
- Intermediate IT skill
Skills and Competencies required:
- Good experience in the use of accounting softwares
- Experience in the use of SAP ERP is an added advantage.
- Field campaign administration/payments management
- Strong Strategic/Analytical skills
- Good communication Skills
- Strong Financial Accounting Skills
- Budget Management Skills
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
Application Closing Date
8th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.