Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Customer Operations Analyst
- Our Customer Operations team is at the heart of Chipper, as it is the first point of contact with our customers and the team that knows most intimately the struggles and hopes of customers.
- Most important is the team’s ability to respond to customers with empathy and work alongside customers to solve their problems.
- The Customer Operations team also works closely with the Product Operations, Product & Engineering, Legal & Compliance, and Growth Marketing teams.
- It’s about much more than resolving tickets. It’s also about helping us find solutions that will prevent customers from having problems in the first place and help us deliver on the promise of Chipper working like magic.
What You Will Be Doing
- Providing customer support to the best of your ability by talking directly and honestly with our customers, and developing a deeper understanding of their needs for a digital wallet service
- Communicating with our customers through a variety of different mediums, based on our customers needs; whether that be through calls, social media platforms, email or in-app chat
- Proactively identifying patterns in the user frustrations and expectations of customers, seeing where we can change our processes, tools or product to make their lives easier
- Working with the Compliance team to act as the first line of defense to help spot and investigate trends
- Dealing with tricky payments-related queries; investigating missing bank, mobile money, card, and other various transaction types and helping manage customers with their Chipper onboarding
- Understanding, prioritising and escalating our customers’ feedback and feature requests to the product teams. Plus, being the first point of call for customer complaints to make sure that they’re treated fairly and can share their thoughts and concerns
- Familiarity with the customer operations role will allow you to expand your knowledge to other areas of customer operations and the company in general. This ranges from the Product teams to the Compliance teams etc!
What You Should Have
- 1-3 years in a customer service role, ideally within financial services, telecommunications, or other digital products
- Experience working with business customers or High Net Worth Individuals a plus
- Experience handling customer inquiries via email, chat, or other written communications
- Be self-driven. You should be self-motivated and enjoy a lot of independence. We’re a dedicated, hardworking team that is collectively motivated
- Have a global mindset and be tolerant of others. We’re still growing but we are a company of many cultures and backgrounds
- Be comfortable with asynchronous conversations
- Be open to working some nights and weekends on a rotating basis.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- If you feel you are a good fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
- We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status.
- Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.