Socio Economic Research and Development Centre (SERDEC) is a non-governmental, non- profit research and development organization registered by law with the corporate affairs commission that operates to strengthen Socioeconomic development and democratic governance through Capacity Building, Advocacy, Research and development programmes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Expert on Development of Draft Code and Standard of Best Practice for the Administration of Employment and Empowerment Intervention to Beneficiaries
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- SERDEC seeks to engages the service of a consultant to conduct a desk review of code of standards and best practices for the administration and operations of government-run employment and empowerment programs toward improving the level of transparency and accountability with a view to enhance equity in the distribution of livelihood opportunities and other benefits among marginalized beneficiaries, most importantly the original inhabitants of the FCT, Abuja
- SERDEC envisions to produce a code of standards and best practices that will enhance the transparency of the administration and operations of government-run employment and empowerment programs and ensures that stake holders validates and adopt best practices that promotes equity and social justice in the distribution of livelihood opportunities and other benefits among marginalized and indigenous groups.
- The consultant will conduct in depth desk review and come up with a draft document that will be validated with selected key stakeholders on the subject matter and possibly, this may lead to an agenda for improved legislative oversight and for pushing the bar on accountability in employment and empowerment intervention operations in Nigeria.
- The consultancy is within the project on “Promoting the Economic Rights of the Original Inhabitants (OI) in FCT which is supported by MacArthur Foundation through CHRICED.The work of the consultant would be to synthesize various code and standard best practices with a view of using the validated document to engage the relevant stakeholders to carry out legislative oversight responsibilities.
Nature of Work
- The consultant will reflect technical expertise to facilitate a knowledge product that generates issues for advocacy. The work of Expert will be to synthesize various code and standard best practices with a view of using the validated document to engage the relevant stakeholders to carry out legislative oversight responsibilities.
- This content design will draw out key issues that will be validated with concern stakeholders and later published for purpose of policy engagement at state and national levels to interrogate stakeholders and actors in the governance space. This is all geared towards SERDEC’s objectives to address certain gaps and improve accountability and anti-corruption in implementation of various government empowerment interventions.
Scope of Work
- The Consultant shall work with SERDEC’s Project Team to achieve the underlined scope of work.
- Conduct In depth Desk Review on the subject matter
- Review and analyse the context of the subject matter from various sources.
- Sector by Sector adoption of the codes of conduct for employment and empowerment programs for target groups
- Recommend the key actions or reforms needed at vertical and horizontal levels
- Develop power point presentation on the findings and hold validation meeting with stakeholders.
- Submit a draft document for input from SERDEC Team
- Include at least three case studies to illustrate the context of the subject matter in Accountability and Public Sector Operations
- Present the draft document at the validation session with the relevant stakeholders
- Produce Final Report for dissemination and engagement with stakeholders.
- The report of this consultancy will be shared with SEDREC and there partners and funder.
- This assignment should be completed in 30 billable days from date on the signing of the consultancy.
The consultant should have:
- Education: Post-graduate in Social Science, in the area of development or any other related field but this may be substituted for demonstrated experience.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of three years of professional experience working within the development sector, Experience in working with diverse stakeholders on government programs with excellent wring and communication skills.
- Proficiency with activities, theories, methods, and technology in coordinating rural livelihood empowerment programs. Knowledge of the issues of marginalization faced by Original Inhabitants in the FCT is an advantage.
Please note that 5% Withholding tax will be deducted from agreed consultancy fee in line with the country’s tax requirement.
Application Closing Date
27th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with “SERDE CONSULTANCY” as the subject line.
- Applicants should submit there CV Demonstrating experience and expertise in working in the area of employment and empowerment programs.
- Concepts Notes of not more than three pages long should the be sent
- Only shortlisted bidders will be contacted.