Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Location: Minna, Niger
- The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and logistical support for the World Bank ANRIN project in Niger state in line with policies of Plan International Nigeria, donor requirements and Nigerian laws.
- The post holder will be supervised by the Admin Coordinator and expected to work very closely with other members of the Country office and field offices.
Dimensions of the Role
- Communicates within Plan International Nigeria and externally with vendors, service providers, consultants etc.
- The post holder will contribute to the effective administration and logistics management in the Country office and give support to the field office where necessary.
- Ensure timely welcome services, hotel and flights bookings and other support services for staff and visitors
- Prepare and file documents for signature and/or action, as necessary and ensure that that proper filing systems are in place for the office
- Support the planning and organization of meetings and workshops
- Maintain vehicle and Generator maintenance log
- Ensure that vehicles and generators are in good conditions and liaise with the Admin Coordinator about necessary repairs and improvements as necessary
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Ensures that the SAP system is used to capture all necessary activities as required.
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning logistics support operation for the county office – effective coordination and use of vehicles
- Coordinate logistics and procurement operations – Selection of vendors/suppliers
- Prepares and Maintain records of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors and arranges transportation and forwarding services for all orders to ensure delivery on schedule
- Prepare reports on personnel and material movement and ensure that reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with Plan International logistics standards and regulations
- Ensure appropriate request for quotation is placed and correct quotations received for processing
- Responsible for purchase order creation and maintenance in SAP
- Store Management using specified software
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Admin Coordinator.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A Degree in Business / Public Administration or related field.
- 2 – 4 years of experience working in administration and logistics generalist role
- Experience in use of SAP
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Excellent writing and speaking in English language
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.