The German Leprosy and Tuberculosis Relief Association (DAHW) is a registered association with its headquarters in WÃ¼rzburg, Germany. The relief organisation was founded in 1957 and currently boasts 59 members. It is politically and denominationally independent. The tasks of the 73 full-time DAHW employees, both in Germany and the â€žThird World”, include the professional management of more than 300 relief projects and fundraising activities. With its eight members, the DAHW Board works on a voluntary basis. It is elected by the members’ meeting, acts in an advisory capacity to the full-time employees and approves the yearly budget. The President and Vice-President represent the relief organisation to the general public. The voluntary Treasurer is also a Board member.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience: 2 years
- Location: Taraba
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
Leprosy and TB Relief initiative (LTR) Nigeria, is a local non-governmental organization, founded in 2018 by the former NLR, which is still a strategic alliance partner to the NLR Amsterdam. LTR is advertising for the position of research assistant to fulfil the duties listed below.
Project Title: Audio and written interventions to improve the perception of leprosy
Position: Research Assistant (2 per LGA)
Location: 3 selected LGAs in Taraba (Jalingo, Zing and Yorro LGAs)
Duration of work: 12 months
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The job description entails the following:
- Administer questionnaires to collect data from respondents in the selected study communities using electronic data collection tools (such as ODK/KoboCollect) and/or paper
- Collect and log field data from the communities according to the laid down study protocol
- Facilitate and conduct community entry visits to duly inform relevant stakeholders and gatekeepers about the field data collection activities within the selected study communities (villages/neighbourhoods)
- Must attend and participate in trainings/workshops organized for this research project
- Maintain cordial public relations with local stakeholders such as community gate-keepers through observing meaningful and respectful engagement in the course of field work
- Administer and/or distribute the study intervention materials among community members
- Complete recording and reporting documents accurately
- Report field findings digitally using WhatsApp, ODK/KoboCollect app or similar tools
- Facilitate and organize qualitative data collection activities and serve as note-takers
- Timely and meaningfully support information flow from the field to the project team
- Other duties as may be assigned by the project lead
REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS: The candidates to be considered must:
- Be resident within any of the listed LGAs or very close to it
- Know the locations (communities) very well and can speak the local language fluently
- Must have a smartphone (internet-enabled, usable for WhatsApp, ODK, etc.) and be able to use it
- Able to read and write accurately with good communication skills
- Understand team work, good inter-personal skills and can conduct community sensitization activities
- Be (preferably) young persons who are not formally employed
- Available for the entire duration of the role and willing to work within the assigned communities in the LGA
- Possession of a University degree and/or qualification as a health worker e.g. Nurse or CHEW will be an advantage
FEMALES AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Method of Application
Interested persons should send their application letter and CV via e-mail to: [email protected]
For any enquiries, please contact Insert 2 phone numbers.
Application closing date: Friday, 25th November 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.