Care Best Initiative (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led, and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women, and other vulnerable people; and maintain human dignity during and in the aftermath of man-made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situations; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender-sensitive, and socially inclusive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
- Plan and monitor Nutrition programme, verify the planned movements and distribution of nutrition products, resolving routine issues to ensure that the quantity distributed, and the quality of the operation is in line with the standards.
- Serve as community focal point for CBI, receiving feedback from community members and transmitting it to supervisors.
- Summarize Nutrition data, conduct analysis and prepare reports to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Convey key Behavioral change messaging to community members especially pregnant and lactating women.
- Improvements to field staff/monitoring processes and procedures for efficient implementation of Nutrition programmes.
- Support communication and activities with other partners, agencies, NGOs, and government institutions.
- Build team capacity in Nutrition through effective guidance, coaching, training, and accountability.
- Assist in developing and expanding malnutrition prevention activities through promotion of IYCF and awareness raising in targeted areas.
- Strengthen eternal stakeholder engagement including district local governments to strengthen nutrition programming.
- Participate in national level nutrition technical working group discussions as may be required by the Project/Sector Manager.
Project Monitoring and Reporting:
- Assist in the collection of data, conducting of assessments (needs, risks, and security), and provide input for concept note/ proposal development for Nutrition related project in collaboration with the local community structures and community members
- Monitor progress against grant work plan; promptly identifying any current or potential delays
- Give monthly, quarterly, and annual report to CBI and donor on grant activities, indicators, and achievements.
- Assist his/her supervisors to ensure all monitoring activities are fully detailed, including systematic and timely data required under the grant and for CBI M&E purposes.
Capacity Building and Coaching:
- Capacitate the community facilitators, staffs under his/her supervisee, and others (if any) on Nutrition Programming.
- Support and mentor the CNMs to meet the humanitarian principles during Response program/facilitating the payment to the said category of people.
Coordination and Representation:
- Participate on seasonal and Nutrition cluster assessments and share findings
- Work integrating with CBI warehouse, finance, procurement, and admin/HR staff to process Purchase Requests, and Payments
- Represent the CBI on coordination meetings at different level like LGA, community and wards.
- Build very good team sprit with CBI program and supporting staffs at field and office
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs. The employee could be requested to perform other tasks as his/her line manager may judge necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food and Nutrition and Dietetics, Public Health or any related discipline
- An equivalent of 2 years’ experience in nutrition or related field
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, Project & database Management software
- Ability to write reports.
- Ability to work in partnership with local communities and other NGOs as appropriate.
- Knowledge of Hausa and / or other relevant language.
- Ability to establish priorities, plan, coordinate and organize own work plan
- Strong sensitivity and respect for local cultures
- Professional manner in dealing with community members and co-workers.
- Strong listening skills combined with excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Experience in a development and/or humanitarian organization.
- Strong knowledge of Nutrition and/or Public Health
- Possess good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
- Good writing skills in English.
- Ability to work in a challenging and demanding environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with other CBI staff.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single PDF document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here to apply online
- CBI is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.