Melbourne University Graduate Research Scholarships(GRS)2022
Looking for fully funded graduate research scholarships to study abroad? Then you are in the right place. This is a great scholarship opportunity for any international student wishing to study abroad.
This prestigious scholarship award is administered by Melbourne University as a form of support to high achieving students around the world to study any research program in one of Australia’s most prestigious universities.
The opportunity is open to both domestic and international students to pursue a career in any research disciple of their choice to study Masters or PhD by research at the Melbourne University
Scholarships benefits and Value
Stipend and fee offset scholarships
- Scholarship type: Full tuition fee cover
- Stipend value: Living allowance of $32,400 per year pro-rata. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick maternity and parenting leave.
- Other supports: Relocation allowance of $2,000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3,000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Health insurance: Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students
- Study Level: Masters/PhD by Research
- Study Course: Open to all study areas
- Student type: International students
- Number of positions: Approximately 600
- Duration: up to 2years for Masters by Research degree and up to 4 years for PhD
- Deadline: 31 October, 2022
Eligibility Criteria for this Scholarship award
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants are expected to:
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne, or
- be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities eligible for this scholarship
- Eligible course or study program: Any program of your choice
Selection criteria for this Scholarship award
These scholarships will be awarded on a merits-base including other academic achievements such as :
- Achievements from your previous study program ie score, rank etc
- Research potentials in your interested field of study
- Relevance of your chosen program to your previous studied program
- Relevant professional experiences
- Recommendations from your previous referees
- Research skills demonstrated through some publications etc…
Note that these are just some of the requirements mentioned above by the institution. Some other requirements for international students into degree programs to study in Australia include the English Language proficiency test.
How to apply for this Scholarship
There is no direct application for this scholarship! No application is required as you are automatically considered for this scholarship when you apply for your chosen program to study at Melbourne University. If successful with your admissions, you are automatically considered for the award! Therefore to get this scholarship, the first step is to search for a degree program at Melbourne University, follow the process to submit a research degree candidate
Visit the Melbourne University how to apply page for details on how to submit an application for Graduate research degrees (MSc Research and PhD).
See Melbourne University graduate research courses. Find your course of interest and make contact with the relevant supervisor and if successful, the next step will be to complete the online application. See Melbourne University Supervisors Portal, to search/reach out to potential supervisors to discuss interests.
Who to contact
For more information on the GRS Melbourne scholarship please refer to :