This scholarship opportunity is being sponsored by Melbourne University to support outstanding research students both in Australia and around the world to study in one of Australia’s most prestigious universities.
The opportunity is therefore open to domestic and international students to pursue a higher degree by research Masters/PhD at the University of Melbourne. See some application tips at the end of the post!
Melbourne Research Scholarship benefits and Value
- Scholarship type: Full tuition fee cover
- Stipend value: Living allowance of $32,400 per year pro-rata. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick maternity and parenting leave.
- Other supports: Relocation allowance of $2,000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3,000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Health insurance: Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students
- Study Level: Masters/PhD by Research
- Study Course: Open to all study areas
- Citizen type: International students
- Number of positions: Approximately 350
- Duration: up to 2years for Masters by Research degree and up to 4 years for a PhD
- Deadline: 31 October 2022
Eligibility Criteria for Melbourne Research Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants are expected to:
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne, or
- be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eligible for this scholarship
- Eligible course or study program: Any program of your choice
Selection criteria for Melbourne Research Scholarship
The selection criteria for this scholarship will be merit-based and the consideration of other outstanding achievement factors such as:
- Achievements from your previous study program ie score, rank etc
- Research potentials in your interested field of study
- Relevance of your chosen program to your previous studied program
- Relevant professional experiences
- Recommendations from your previous referees
- Research skills demonstrated through some publications etc…
You can more here on Research Degree Requirements to study in Australia to learn more about the general requirements and how to be successful with your applications.
As a tip, the first step to easily secure a research degree scholarship abroad is to get in contact with the prospective supervisor and send an email to discuss your area of interest. Once you secure approval from him, admissions and scholarships into that program are almost 90% guaranteed already.
After getting his approval, you can then go ahead and lodge your application easily and even with his guide
How to apply for Melbourne Research Scholarship
There is no direct application for this scholarship! No application is required as you are automatically considered for this scholarship when you apply for your chosen program to study in Melbourne University. If successful with your admissions, you are automatically considered for the award!
Visit the Melbourne University how to apply page for details on how to submit an application for Graduate research degrees (MSc Research and PhD). Supervisors Portal at Melbourne University, to find a potential supervisor. You can see our guide here with cold email samples on how to contact potential supervisors to study abroad.
Browse through the University of Melbourne Graduate Research Courses to find a course of choice
Check this step-by-step guide on how to find a course to study in Australia and apply for the scholarship
Who to contact
For more information on this scholarship please refer to :
- Melbourne University Student support page where you find emails and other contacts to talk with supporting staff.
Visit the University Website to learn more about the scholarship and apply