Care Best Initiative (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led, and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women, and other vulnerable people; and maintain human dignity during and in the aftermath of man-made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situations; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender-sensitive, and socially inclusive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
JOB TITLE: HR Assistant (Volunteer position)
Location: Gusau, Zamfara State
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
The HR Assistant will assist the HR Officer to recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures. S/he will also be responsible for administrative tasks and contribute to making the organization a better place to work.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Provide counseling on policies and procedures
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans
- Develop training and development programs
- Assist in performance management processes
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintain employee records (attendance, EEO data etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Proven experience as HR officer, administrator or other HR positions
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- BSc/BA in business administration, social studies or relevant field; further training will be a plus
- HR Credentials (e.g. PHR from the HR Certification Institute)
Application Closing Date
Thursday 25th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: <Click https://bit.ly/ZAMFARA-VOLUNTEER to apply online> OR send their Cover Letter and CV to “The Human Resources Officer (CBI)” via: [email protected] specifying the “Job Title” on the Subject of the mail.
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CBI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Care Best Initiative (CBI) provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Cover Letter and CV together in one Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.