Care Best Initiative (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led, and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women, and other vulnerable people; and maintain human dignity during and in the aftermath of man-made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situations; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender-sensitive, and socially inclusive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
JOB TITLE: FINANCE Assistant (Volunteer position)
Location: Gusau, Zamfara State
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
The FINANCE Assistant will be responsible for the implementation of CBI FINANCE program in Bauchi.
The FINANCE Assistant is in charge of keeping track of an organization’s finances. S/he enters data into databases, prepare financial statements, process invoices and support other employees throughout accounting processes implemented by CBI.
- Update financial spreadsheets with daily transactions.
- Prepare balance sheets.
- Track and reconcile bank statements.
- Process Tax payments.
- Records accounts payable and receivable.
- Provide administrative support during budget preparation.
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits.
- Support monthly payroll and keep organized records.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Accounting or Finance and other relevant professional qualification.
- Minimum of 1 year programming experience with relevant working experience, desirable in Accounting
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor.
- Very good understanding of Accounting policies, strategies and programs.
- Excellent inter-personal, communications and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficiency in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, Power Point Presentation).
- Ability to speak English fluently, Hausa and other local languages desirable.
Application Closing Date
Thursday 25th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: <Click https://bit.ly/ZAMFARA-VOLUNTEER to apply online> OR send their Cover Letter and CV to “The Human Resources Officer (CBI)” via: [email protected] specifying the “Job Title” on the Subject of the mail.
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CBI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Care Best Initiative (CBI) provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Cover Letter and CV together in one Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.