Care Best Initiative (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led, and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women, and other vulnerable people; and maintain human dignity during and in the aftermath of man-made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situations; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender-sensitive, and socially inclusive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
JOB TITLE: PROTECTION Assistant (Volunteer position)
Location: Gusau, Zamfara State
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
The Protection Assistant will directly support the Protection Officer in the development, administration and implementation of the CBI’s protection program in Bauchi, both on a daily basis and with a long-term strategic perspective. The responsibilities and activities of the Protection Program Officer will be extensive and fluid, depending on the shifting needs of the program, and are likely to include but not be limited to those described below.
- Undertake Protection monitoring activities
- Identify protection gaps and interventions;
- Organize/actively participate in the Regional and State Protection Working Group and other relevant meetings
- Organize/facilitate relevant protection training activities:
- Liaise with relevant line ministries and commissions in order to foster partnerships and encourage national interest and ownership in protection of concerned persons
- Provide support, guidance and assistance to protection and field staff in all the field offices on protection priorities, issues and concerns.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Law degree (LLB, LLM, JD) or post-graduate degree in international law, human rights, social sciences or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year programming experience with relevant working experience.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- General knowledge of issues pertaining persons of concern to CBI and CBI’s protection mandate. Inter-personal and communication skills with team work attitude.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Flexibility to work in a diverse multicultural team Ability and willingness to work under tight deadlines and with fluid objectives – patience, flexibility and perseverance are key
- Strong coordination, communication and advocacy skills
- Understanding of programmatic reporting
- Understanding of protection, human rights and humanitarian principles
- Understanding of project design, management and implementation of field-based protection programs.
Application Closing Date
Thursday 25th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: <Click https://bit.ly/ZAMFARA-VOLUNTEER to apply online> OR send their Cover Letter and CV to “The Human Resources Officer (CBI)” via: [email protected] specifying the “Job Title” on the Subject of the mail.
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CBI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Care Best Initiative (CBI) provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Cover Letter and CV together in one Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.