Bolton White Hotel is a leading hospitality company located in the the heartland of Nigeria, approximately 30 minutes’ drive from the Nnamdi Azikiwe International airport, about 5 minutes drive from the international Conference Center/ National Assembly complex and the Federal Secretariat. The hotel has 176 comfortable and stylish luxury bedrooms, en-suite self-catering rooms, great cooling system in all rooms, writing desk and satellite TV, tea/coffee making facilities, direct-detail telephone/modern and Wi-Fi. Non-smoking rooms available on request.
It has various conference and banqueting facilities available with seating capacity from 160 to 200 for conference and banqueting. Each venue is air conditioned, with standard audio visual equipment, available on request.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food & Beverages Cost Controller
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a Food and Beverage cost controller, you are primarily responsible for calculating costs of food and beverage items and also responsible for theshortand long-term planning of the F&Bcontrollingand pricing aspects.
- Additionally responsible to record information and produce control reports periodically to help maintain a suitableinventoryof food and beverage items for the entirehotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to effectively control the Food & Beverage Cost.
- Control the Food and Beverage outlets in terms of wastage, pilferage, and efficiency.
- Prepare variance analysis for food & beverage and communicate with relevant parties.
- Update and maintain receipts into the systems (FMC).
- Check and verify voids in the POS systems.
- Check and verify discountson the POS systems.
- Check and verify all complimentary sales in POS systems.
- Check and verify all Package meals.
- Check and verify all settlements done on the POS system.
- Check and verify for any lostpostings.
- Check thecost of salesin all F&B outlets and ensure that the costs are withinbudget.
- Check the menu pricing on the POS systems and ensure the correct prices are loaded.
- Check the restaurant and bar checks on a daily basis.
- Check the complimentary and confirm that all are approved.
- Daily Import of Micros Sales to Materials Control system.
- Tally all end-of-shift reports generated from all POS tills.
- Continuously study weaknesses in F&B control implemented at the Hotel and provide suggestions for improvements.
- Check the daily Food & Beverage revenues report submitted by the income audit for the accuracy ofcoversandaverage check.
- Responsible for linking the articles andRecipesin Material Control.
- Responsible for preparing daily Food and Beverage Report and distributing to management.
- Responsible for monthly F&B Report and distribute to management.
- Prepare the daily and monthly cost report department in relation to cost of sales.
- Participate in stock taking at the restaurants.
- Spot check on the receiving department to ensure that the scales are correct and goods are checked for quality.
- Check and ensure all menu items have a recipe.
- Coordinate with restaurant management and finance to sort out issues pertaining to F&B.
- Responsible to maintain the Menu Pricing, Consumption and POS systems.
- Any other tasks as and when required by the management.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or any other related field.
- At least 2 years experience in the same role with an up-scale 4-star hospitality environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good analytics and reporting skills.
- Have high-level attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Application Letter and Passport Photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.