Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Data Systems Advisor
Job ID: 2022-2410
Category: ICT for Development
- Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and in close partnership with federal partners and select Nigeria States (designated as legacy [Bauchi and Sokoto], launching and technical assistance), the five-year Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) project will support sustainable improvements in reading outcomes for first and second grade pupils.
- The goal of LEARN is to strengthen and scale early grade reading (EGR) best practice by ensuring that standards-based, context-appropriate assessment, materials, training, and administrative supports needed to improve literacy skills for P1-2 pupils are embedded within the federal policy, funding, and monitoring frameworks, and state and local authorities have the implementation protocols, capacity, and resources to carry out and sustain standards-based, data-driven EGR reform.
- The project objective is to instill ownership in and build capacity of school-community, local, state, and federal systems to establish a base for adequate, consistent data-driven funding, monitoring and performance that increase the equity, inclusion, and wellbeing necessary to achieve sustained EGR gains. LEARN will therefore be building on lessons learned from prior Nigeria reading programs to introduce a flexible, cost- efficient EGR intervention model that can be tailored to state contexts.
- The Senior Data Systems Advisor will lead Identify technology solutions for data management to improve teaching and learning through the project. Develop proposals and cost/benefit analysis of different solution.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Senior Data Systems Advisor will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Work with project management and technical advisors to decide most appropriate technological approaches and how to integrate technology into existing programs.
- Manage the piloting of technology platforms.
- Assist evaluation of technology platforms and make recommendations on revisions to both the platform and curriculum as appropriate.
- Train facilitators, teachers, government staff, and learners on the use of technology. Collaborate and maintain regular contact with partners to ensure successful implementation of technology to support curriculum.
- Prepare progress reports and annual reports showing achievements against set targets.
- Collaborate closely with Nigeria LEARN staff and management in Nigeria and abroad as required.
- Participate in internal administrative and operational meetings, as required, and facilitate arrangements for organizing meetings, trainings, and workshops.
- Liaise with Senior TA Coordination and Learning Advisor to develop plans to monitor and support TA Data Systems gaps, providing on-demand support as needed.
- Liaise with other Technical Advisors to develop plan, implement, monitor and support TA Data Systems gaps, providing on-demand support as needed.
- Provide capacity building, coordination, and monitoring support to Data Systems TA staff and consultants in Abuja and in Legacy, Launching, and On-Demand states.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Data Systems, Education Technologies, or related field required; Master’s Degree may be substituted for Undergraduate Degree in Data Systems, Education Technologies or related field and two additional years of relevant experience.
- At least eight years experience relevant to this position required, with at least five in design technological learning and management solutions in education sector; West Africa experience preferred.
- At least four years of direct supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated success and experience in delivering cost effective, user-friendly educational technical solutions that support quality learning outcomes, and community engagement.
- Prior experience organizing, implementing, and reporting on education management indicators.
- Prior experience with monitoring and reporting requirements for USAID programs highly desired.
- Demonstrated excellence in communications and interpersonal skills.
- Political savvy to interact effectively with numerous ministry institutions and senior-level national and subnational-level government officials.
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex, politically charged environments, across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed upon timelines.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Fluency in Hausa, Igbo, or Yoruba is highly desired.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Previous experience in similar role.
- Proven experience directly and indirectly supervising and managing staff and teams.
- Experience with a USAID-funded or other international organization implementing a program operating in insecure areas is desired.
- Strong ability to deploy and use various forms of tracking systems.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills are required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.