Project HOPE Nigeria (otherwise referred to People-to-People Health Foundation Nigeria) is a registered non-profit, non-governmental organization working in Nigeria in areas of HIV & AIDS, Tuberculosis, OVC, RMNCAH & Malaria intervention services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, Niger State Group Antenatal Care Deployment
Employment Type: Full Time
- The candidate willto support the Niger State Group Antenatal Care Deploymentto address the critical gaps in access to ANC in Nigeria.
- The goal of this TA deployment is to improve the quality of RMNCH services by supporting the government’s strategic goal of increasing ANC coverage in the targeted LGAs in Niger state and generate an evidence-base to support other states to adopt G-ANC.
- This new business model for Antenatal Care will help achieve Nigeria’s development objective of a healthier, more educated population in targeted states through utilization of quality health services in target areas and population groups.
- The M&E Officer is responsible for coordinating monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities under the award.
- Monitors the progress of RMNCH, G-ANC activities; develops charts and prepares periodic and ad hoc reports
- Work closely with colleagues in collation of RMNCH, G-ANC and malaria related reports
- Provide continuous targeted mentorship to facility and community health care providers on correct use and proper documentation of standard national data capture and reporting tools
- Provide technical support to health facilities in ensuring that data are accurately captured, analyzed on monthly basis, used for decision making and reported to the LGA according to set guidelines
- Facilitate training of staff, partners, consultants, data officers in the state and LGAs on the use of the RMNCH data collection tools, data quality assurance and the DHIS
- Conduct quarterly DQA in selected health facilities in collaboration with the LGA focal persons and LGA MNCH officer
- Support LGA and LGA RMNCH officer in ensuring that data from health facilities are accurately collated and reported according to set guidelines
- Provides technical oversight for the implementation of RMNCH -related activities
- Ensures the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of RMNCH and data collection activities.
- Prepare clearly written technical and analytical reports and document best practices and share lessons learned from implementation RMNCH activities
- Perform data review, entry, and cleaning in the management of quantitative and qualitative data sets
- Perform data analysis to provide technical support to Community Health Influencers and LGA supervisors in their delivery of clean data
- Contribute to the preparation of Tables, charts and figures for internal program guidance and external publications
- Support the Senior MERL officer in program monitoring and evaluation tasks (data management and result reporting)
- Carry out other tasks to support the Project HOPE Nigeria Monitoring and Evaluation system and other project efforts.
- Any other duty assigned
- A Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Social Sciences, or other relevant
- Minimum 5 years working on monitoring and evaluation of public health programs
Other Essential Requirements:
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Project HOPE and among beneficiaries served by Project HOPE
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Project HOPE.
- As applicable to the position, maintain a clear understanding of Project HOPE’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards.
- Conduct work with the highest level of integrity.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Proven capabilities in leadership.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to read, writes, analyze and interpret, technical and non-technical in the English language.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts, senior government and rebel leaders and other related regional players
- In addition to the responsibilities referenced above, candidates can expect to be living and working in austere conditions. Lifting moderately heavy objects from the ground, carrying a backpack for extended periods of time, and walking or hiking in remote locations may be necessary to perform these functions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Project HOPE employees work in the global health field and may be required to travel or work in countries where working conditions are classified as “hardship”.
- Travel for extended periods by air and other modes of transportation.
- Must be mobile in an office environment and able to use standard office equipment and must be able to communicate in verbal and written form.
- Typical office environment with exposure to a minimal noise level.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- It is our shared responsibility and obligation to treat each other with respect, take affirmative steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons, and to disclose all potential and actual violations of our Code of Conduct, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption, Discrimination or Harassment. Together we can reinforce a culture of respect, integrity, accountability, and transparency.
- Due to the large number of inquiries, we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise.
- Thank you very much for your interest in Project HOPE.