Unicane Industries Limited was established and incorporated as a private limited companyin the year 2013 under the company Acts of 1990. Unicane Industries Limited is a member of a long-standing group in Nigeria founded in 1953.The group is a leading ethanol producer in Africa and an industrial group of long experience and very good standing. The group is continuously expanding its activities which now count a wide range of agro-allied activities that include cassava to ethanol processing and refining. At present, its factory is located in Jamata, Kogi State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Industrial Mechanical Technician
Location: Lokoja, Kogi
Employment Type: Full-time
Functionally Reports to: Head Mechanical
Job Objective / Purpose of Job
- A Mechanical Technician, possesses the detailed knowledge of a company’s machines necessary to perform maintenance and repair duties.
- A mechanic must have experience with tools and machinery, and should be able to use generalized knowledge of a mechanical system to formulate specific solutions to problems.
- Since many mechanical technicians work in fast-paced industries, they are often called upon to make safe and effective repairs in a short amount of time, so performance under pressure is a must for this job.
- Troubleshooting and repairing Centrifugal or multistage pumps
- Able to change the mechanical seal and bearings
- Troubleshooting and repairing Agitators and gearboxes
- Coupling Alignment such as normal coupling or gear coupling
- They are also responsible for devising safety plans that comply with workplace safety laws.
- Keep meticulous records of machine service history
- OND / HND or B.Sc in Mechanical Engineering or related Degree
- Minimum of 4 years’ hands on experience as a Mechanical Technician.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Ability to self-motivate
- Ability to work and learn independently
- Operation monitoring
- Critical thinking
- Complex problem solving
- Analytical skills
- Organization skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned task.
Application Closing Date
4th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.