Bolton White Hotel is a leading hospitality company located in the the heartland of Nigeria, approximately 30 minutes’ drive from the Nnamdi Azikiwe International airport, about 5 minutes drive from the international Conference Center/ National Assembly complex and the Federal Secretariat. The hotel has 176 comfortable and stylish luxury bedrooms, en-suite self-catering rooms, great cooling system in all rooms, writing desk and satellite TV, tea/coffee making facilities, direct-detail telephone/modern and Wi-Fi. Non-smoking rooms available on request.
It has various conference and banqueting facilities available with seating capacity from 160 to 200 for conference and banqueting. Each venue is air conditioned, with standard audio visual equipment, available on request.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- As Human Resources Officer you will work under the general guidance of the Hotel HR Manager and be responsible for supporting the HR team on their day to day operation.
- AlsoCoordinatingthe administrative support to the Human Resources team in accordance with the Hotel’s standards and procedures and ensure that staffing needs are met in a timely manner, from placing ads to interviewing and hiring.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compiling payroll/ Absence data.
- Coordinating HR Dashboard / Statistics.
- Assist and resolve hotel staff and management queries.
- Updating salary and benefits information.
- Developing job descriptions, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates, preparing personal files of the colleagues.
- Developing policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Helps employees identify specific behaviours that will contribute to service excellence.
- Responsible for the on the job orientation for new hires.
- Manage HRadministrationsuch as starters and leavers process.
- Assist with employee relation issues in the hotel in a confidential manner, including disciplinarians, grievance and capability.
- Ensure the recruitment and selection process is adhered to and that all the relevant immigration checks are carried out correctly.
- Manage HR administration such as contracts, letters and personnel files.
- Full usage of HR System including running of Payroll, Change of status requests and other amendments as required that are for HRD Approval.
- Analyze staff turnover and sick leave with the aim of implementing strategies for reduction.
- Assists the HR manager in budget preparation where required and is fully aware of all BudgetedPositionsand hiring approvals.
- Establish and maintain a group of contacts with hospitality colleges to setup a system for entry-level employment.
- Ensure compliance with all HR legislation and Labour laws.
- Provide staff counselling, guidance, career planning, and oversee disciplinary matters up to and including dismissal and oversee any Grievance Complaints made as required.
- Supporting the hotel with departmental training requirements including inductions, work experience, careers fairs, and training materials.
- Ensures confidentiality is maintained at all times and provides information only to those with a need to know.
- To know and follow the Health & Safety at Work Act and comply with the hotel’s Health & Safety policy.
- Confidence in working independently and part of a team.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Effective written and oral communications skills including the ability to prepare reports, proposals, policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or other related fields.
- At least 2 years of experience in a Hotel in the same/similar field.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter, CV, and Passport Photograph to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.