Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer – Nutrition
Location: Banki, Borno
Job Category: Fixed Term
Slot: 2 Openings
- Assistant Technical Officer – Nutrition is responsible for providing quality nutrition intervention including nutrition rehabilitation among admitted SAM cases and prevent further deterioration through provision of therapeutic feeds, routine and specialized medicines at the Stabilization Centre (SC); nutrition counseling and capacity building of CMAM assistants/community volunteers.
- The incumbent will engage in and will work with other team members in the delivery of optimal infant and young child feeding in emergency and treatment of Acute Malnutrition (MAM/SAM) children at the OTP within the health facility as deemed necessary and oversee detection of malnutrition at the community level.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- B.Sc in Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Nursing or Public Health with 1-3 years’ clinical experience is a required
- MBBS with 1-year experience
- Experience working with a humanitarian organization.
Application Closing Date
25th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a Suitability Statement (application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-PCTJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.