Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer – Monitoring & Evaluation
Location: Banki, Borno
Job Category: Fixed Term
- Will assist in monitoring and evaluating program activities at the assigned field site.
- Primary responsibilities include collecting information on project activities in each sector for proper documentation and reporting of activities. assisting the Technical Officer-M&E in correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete and timely reporting.
- S/He will conduct routine monitoring visits to field sites, including collecting data on program activities, bring to the knowledge of the Technical Officer questions that need to be solved such as inconsistencies or missing data by the originators of the source data maintain good quality data, including periodically implementing data quality assessments (DQAs) using approved tools.
- Also, s/he will assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly reports and provide supportive supervision support implementation of the project’s accountability strategy, including complaints and feedback mechanisms and provide oversight, supervision and capacity development for M&E Data clerks.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- BS / BA in Statistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or in relevant Degree with 1 – 3 years’ relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or data management.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- A sound understanding of humanitarian assistance programming is desirable.
Application Closing Date
25th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a Suitability Statement (application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-M&EJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.