Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist
Requisition ID: req13072
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response. Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance.
- By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- We are seeking to employ a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist for delivery of workplan activities related to USAID performance management of implementing partners, data visualization, analytics and data use.
- (S)he will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the project and performance tracking of indicators as mandated by USAID/Nigeria.
- (S)he will maintain and ensure timely update of the Automated Partners Reporting Platform (APPR) data for timely submission data reports to USAID and other stakeholders.
- The M & E Specialist will report to the Data Analytics Team Lead.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- In coordination with the Data Analytics Team Lead, prepare consolidated reports that include concise narratives and relevant tables to meet donor reporting requirements.
- Based on PEPFAR MER Indicators, custom indicators for high-frequency reporting (HFR), orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), gender-based violence (GBV) and other key program areas, generate indicator code lists to be implemented on the APPR.
- Support implementation and standardization of a unified data use strategy and data review guidelines at the national leveland across the states of focus.
- Provide technical support to the implementation of Situation Room methodology at the national level
- Provide technical support to HFR reporting and administration of APPR system optimal use at the national level and facilitate access across the hierarchies.
- In coordination with the Data Analytics Team lead, ensure prompt update of analytics and visualization on the APPR and the Comprehensive Access review Dashboard (CARD).
- Support implementation of weekly data reviews for rapid action methodology at the state level and across hierarchies.
- Update and maintenance of indicators, generating indicator code lists, and configuration of data elements on the APPR.
- Work with the Deputy Country Director in preparing quarterly/annual reports on project progress and monitoring project activities on a regular basis.
- Respond to routine data analysis requests from the USAID HIV/AIDS and TB (HAT) team and provide necessary feedback in a timely manner.
- Working with the Strategic Information Specialists in the states, support implementing partners to facilitate and support HFR processes to identify barriers to data use and generate solutions to address those barriers.
- Support documentation of best practices and use cases at the national level.
- Conduct regular analysis and reviews of national-level performance on key priority indicators.
- Work with implementing partners to standardize monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Any other duties assigned as per the dynamic programming environment.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics, Business Administration or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience working with Health Management Information Systems supporting data management, data analysis and data dissemination for decision making
- Sound technical experience Working with DHIS2 systems
- Experience working with HIV/AIDS programs
- Ability to work well under pressure, skilled in crisis management, and problem solving
- Ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment with changing requirements and priorities
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise
- Sound problem solving, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the PEPFAR data streams, the analytic questions facing PEPFAR programs and PEPFAR reporting requirements; experience with PEPFAR surge and HFR preferred
- Experience in leading and conducting rigorous and evidence-based data quality assessments (DQAs)
- Demonstrated extensive experience working on M&E methodologies, data collection and analysis, and dissemination of findings
- Proven skills in data analysis with proficiency in statistical packages – Stata, SPSS, NVivo, advanced MS Excel, BI applications or other relevant statistical packages
- Technical Knowledge working with patient-level and aggregate data management systems; experience with LAMISPlus in Nigeria and National OVC Management Information System (NOMIS) preferred
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice.
- Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to discuss.
- Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process