Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Full-Stack Developer
Requisition ID: req13073
Employment Type: Full-time (with a contract for 1 year, renewable subject to availability of funding.)
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response. Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance.
- By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- We are seeking skilled Full-stack developers to join the software engineering team responsible for the design and development of various technology products that support health and social services.
- They will work with tech leads and product managers to ideate software solutions and design client and server-side architecture.
- he Full-stack Developer will be responsible for among others, building services using Java and Spring Boot working within a Linux environment, deploying, and managing services on both AWS and Microsoft Azure, and using Postgres to interact with relational data.
- The Full-stack Developers will report to the Senior Software Engineer.
- These are full-time positions with contracts for 1 year, renewable subject to availability of funding.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of web-based high-capacity information systems for cloud and local environments.
- Evaluate existing systems and maintain detailed technical documentation for all products developed, including system design documents, data dictionaries, and database design.
- Build and maintain test and evaluation environments as required.
- Design and execute performance and security tests, produce reports on these systems as appropriate.
- Design and develop REST-based web services utilizing Java Spring Boot.
- Apply design principles and patterns in creating enterprise-level solutions, as needed.
- Perform web services tuning and performance testing.
- Implement unit tests as needed.
- Support Front-end Developers in leveraging web services.
- Automate/script common developer tasks, continually optimize personal and team workflows.
- Infrastructure setup and configuration.
- Engage in code review and feedback process.
- Take a feature from inception to completion independently across the stack.
- Collaborate with teammates on proposed UX/UI and provide feedback as needed.
- Participate in and support the entire SDLC processes.
- Experience with relational databases, schema design, and performance analysis.
- Experience deploying solutions using containers and other cloud technologies.
- Solid knowledge of responsive web design using Bootstrap and related technologies.
- Modern Java capabilities and techniques.
- Good knowledge of Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring JPA & Hibernate.
- Relational data modeling concepts and experience in PostgreSQL, MySQL, or similar applications.
- Adopted opinionated RESTful web services design patterns.
- Microservices-based application architecture.
- Application containerization technologies, including Docker, Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of standards for systems’ integration such as REST, OAUTH2 and OIDC.
- Experience with Git or similar version control systems.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience with Global Goods for digital health such as DHIS, OpenMRS and OpenHIE will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice.
- Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
- Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process