Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Cash Platform Specialist (National)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno with frequent travel tl field sites
Supervised by: PD&Q Manager
Reporting to: PD&Q Manager
Employment Period: 12 months starting May 2022
Type of Contract Contract (Expat / National / Trainee): National
Salary & Benefits: Non – Management G
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC), and its Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding technical unit – the Danish Demining Group (DDG), has had an operational presence in Nigeria since 2015.
- DRC Nigeria is the largest DRC country mission in the West Africa region and one of the largest DRC country missions globally. Currently, DRC delivers life-saving assistance and protection to vulnerable, conflict-affected populations including internally displaced persons, returnees and host communities in the areas of armed violence reduction, humanitarian mine action, livelihoods, nutrition and food security, protection, shelter and non-food items (NFI) and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in 30+ Local Government Areas (LGAs) across Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states in northeast Nigeria.
- Ensure the overall strategic coordination, day-to-day effective planning and management, and key technical oversight on the use of the Red Rose and other cash platforms. This entails maintaining acceptable standards and thinking innovatively to ensure improved efficiency, accountability, and transparency in the implementation of cash programming in DRC’s implementation areas.
- Analyze and provide solutions for cash platform payment devices issues – both in the office and in the field. Monitor and report on the performance of Information and communication technology for development functions and service delivery processes concerning organizational needs.
- Enable knowledge management, decision-making, and programming effectiveness by ensuring efficient operations and use of information sharing, communication, and collaboration technologies, and by providing technical advice to DRC’s staff on overall ICT systems.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to explore the use of the Red Rose platform beyond the current expectations and create opportunities for newer innovations.
- Successfully and harmoniously engaging vendor relations under Cash / Voucher assistance.
Duties and Responsibilities
Cash Platform System Management:
- Provide leadership and support for the enablement of the cash platform, specifically Red Rose, technology and mobile devices to be used for the implementation of the DRC’s Nigeria cash program.
- Ensure the systems are designed, implemented, configured, and maintained to meet DRC’s program service requirements.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the cash platform’s team in Nigeria, as they deploy and maintain the system and devices across the Nigeria program, to enhance program implementation effectiveness.
- Support the cash platform’s team in ensuring quality system configuration, administration, security, and maintenance of the devices for the success of cash program implementation.
- Advise and support the MEAL team and other staff in executing good stewardship and efficient use of the platform.
- Collaborate with relevant staff to create, document, and maintain the inventory and ensure adequate supply and functionality.
- Share the cash program monthly statistics through the dashboard with the relevant stakeholders.
- Any other duties assigned
End-User Support for Information and Communication Technology for Development:
- Ensure timely response to user support requests or promptly escalate issues as needed.
- Support staff orientation process for the cash platform, specifically Red Rose, technology and devices.
- Monitor cash platform, specifically Red Rose, system operations and implement measures to ensure consistency in service delivery against established policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Unit to ensure Red Rose equipment and software purchases are in line with DRC’s standards and compliance with donor requirements.
- Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job.
- Develop and implement training programs to improve the staff capacity on the Red Rose One System Technology and potentially on other cash platform in the future.
- Participate in regional/agency Information and communication technology for development initiatives.
Cash and Voucher Assistance:
- Monitoring vendor’s performance under Cash and Voucher assistance.
- Trouble shooting any issues between vendors and DRC or vendors and beneficiaries.
- Otherwise maintain favorable relations with vendors.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Sciences or other related fields (Computer Science, Computer Networking, Programming, and Information Systems).
- A minimum of 4 years of work-related experience.
- Significant work experience in a directly related field combined with appropriate training/certificates will be considered instead of a degree.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Specialist or equivalent.
- Experience in the introduction, design, implementation, and adoption of relevant technology and management tools. Especially information and communication technology for development and tools.
- Knowledge of information and communication technology for development trends, applications, and technologies.
- Knowledge of Office Software.
- Solid knowledge of backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Experience with cash and voucher assistance.
- Strong client-service focus; able to work with diverse groups of people in a team-oriented environment.
- Skilled in obtaining information necessary to accomplish duties.
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
- Able to quickly research, learn and implement new technologies.
- Able to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical environment.
- Able to adapt and learn.
- Experience in the introduction, design, implementation, and adoption of relevant technology and data management tools.
- Demonstrated capacity in the management of network/server software and hardware devices and platforms.
- Grasp of complex network, security, mobile, desktop, server, telephony, backup, application, and database technologies.
- Good relationship management skills. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally with a strong client-service focus.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical manner.
- Strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with the capacity to see the big picture, make sound decisions, and offer standard solutions
- Demonstrated experience building ICT capacity with program staff.
- Ability to anticipate systems’ impact on organizational and user effectiveness.
- Strong organization and planning skills, detail-oriented.
- Maturity and discretion, able to work with, and maintain confidential information.
Application Closing Date
27th March, 2022 (midnight GMT-time) .
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
- DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
- DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- However, all applicants shall take into consideration that DRC cannot offer an international work contract to a citizen of the country of assignment (in this specific case, Nigeria).
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, DRC has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the deadline.