The Kwara State Polytechnic came into existence following the promulgation of Kwara State Edict No.4 of 1972 (now overtaken by the edict no.21 of 1984, edict no.13 of 1987, edict no.7 of 1994 and Law CAPSI2 no 4 of 2006), as the body empowered by statute “to provide for studies, training, research and development of techniques in arts and Languages, applied sciences, engineering, management and commerce, education and as well as in other spheres of learning.
The Polytechnic formally commenced operation in January 1973 with an administrative machinery patterned closely after the existing universities in the country. The Polytechnic has as its Motto: Technology, Innovation and Service.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Ilorin, Kwara.
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer who plans, organizes, directs and coordinates the operations of the financial system of the Polytechnic.
- He/She is the Chief Financial Officer of the Polytechnic.
- The Bursar shall be responsible for the following in connection with the Accounting records and systems in the Polytechnic:
- Compilation of the main accounting records
- Initiation of new accounting systems, indenting and procedure for local purchase
- Production of reliable and complete Management Information Services (MIS) to the Council and its Finance and General Purposes Committee.
- Advise the Governing Council and its Finance and General Purposes Committee on estimates and control of expenditure on projects.
- Maintain liaison with financial agencies and external auditors.
- Overall supervision of the accounting records and systems in the Polytechnic
- The Bursar is responsible to the Rector for the day to day financial administration of the Polytechnic.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants should be holders of good honours Degree in Accounting or Finance or Higher National Diploma in Accountancy from recognized institutions of higher learning plus a minimum of 17 years post qualification cognate experience with relevant Professional Accounting qualifications i.e, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)or Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN).
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- The Candidates must have served at least as Chief Accountant and or its equivalent for at least four (4) years in any establishment.
- Successful candidates must not be older than 55 years at the point of appointment and must also have at least five (5) more years in service.
- The candidates must have adequate knowledge of Information and Communications Technology.
- CONTOPSAL Salary Structure.
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty-five (25) copies of their type-written application letters and Curriculum Vitae, giving the following information:
- Full names (Surname underlined)
- Age, stating date and place of birth
- Marital Status stating the number of children and ages
- Name and address of Next of Kin
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area / Senatorial District
- GSM / Email address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications and distinctions
- Member of Professional Bodies
- Work Experience (in chronological sequence)
- Present employment status and salary
- Extra-curricular activities
- Publications (in standard form)
- Names and address of three (3) referees
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Application for the post of Bursar” at the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
Kwara State Polytechnic, Old Jebba Road,
P.M. B. 1375, Ilorin,
- Only the applications of candidates shortlisted for interviews will be acknowledged.
- Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward confidential reports on them directly to the address above.