Türkiye Scholarships is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program, awarded to outstanding students and researchers from all around the world to pursue full-time or shortterm programs at the top universities in Turkey.
Türkiye Scholarships aims to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies
Türkiye Scholarships does not only include a study grant but also provides university placement for outstanding international students at all levels of higher education.
- Host Country: Turkey
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Spend | Accommodation | Air-ticket
- Deadline: February 20, 2022
Türkiye Scholarships offers a range of programs designed for each level of study, region and country, based on priority areas of study. Candidates are provided with a university and academic program guide through the Türkiye Scholarships Application System (TBBS).
Undergraduate Scholarship Program is specifically designed for undergraduate applicants. Applicants interested in designated courses from engineering to health sciences, from humanities to social sciences may apply for this Program. For available departments and universities please check our website.
A wide range of programs across social sciences, humanities, natural sciences and engineering at Master’s and PhD levels are offered at prestigious Turkish universities. For available departments and universities please check our website.
Türkiye scholarships are available to citizens from all countries.
- The minimum level of academic achievement required:
- Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%
- Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
- Master’s and Phd degree applicants: 75%
- Minimum Age Criteria:
- Under the age of 21 for Undergraduate programs
- Under the age of 30 for Master’s programs
- Under the age of 35 for PhD programs
- Under the age of 45 for Research programs
- Students who are currently studying in Turkey may not apply for their current level of study.
- Short-term scholarship programmes may have additional application requirements.
- Please check the requirements during the application period.
- Programs not offered by Türkiye Scholarships: Two-year associate degrees Specialization in health sciences
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- University and Program Placement
Stipends are available as follows
- Undergraduate level: 1100 TL per month
- Research Scholarships: 4000 TL per month * Master’s level: 1400 TL per month
- Turkish Language Program for Public Officials and Academicians: 3000 TL per month
- ** PhD level: 1800 TL per month Monthly Stipend
- Tuition Fee
- Turkish Language Course (1 Year)
- Health Insurance
- one-off Flight Ticket
Türkiye Scholarships applications are assessed on the basis of academic success, extra-curricular activities and other professional credentials of the candidate.
- All applications are reviewed based on basic criteria such as minimum academic grades, age limit, required documents…etc.
- Applications of eligible candidates are carefully reviewed by Expert committees based on a broad set of criteria including academic standing, previous qualifications, academic interests, career goals, consistency of choices, clarity of letter of intent, participation in social activities …etc.
- After which a list of qualified candidates is shortlisted for interviews. The shortlisted candidates are interviewed in more than 100 countries by interview committees including academicians and experts. Interview results of applicants nominated by the interview committees are evaluated by a selection committee and a list of applicants to be awarded a scholarship is formed.
- Candidates who are found eligible to be awarded with a scholarship following evaluation in the interviews are sent an acceptance letter through the Türkiye Scholarships Application System (TBBS) and through e-mail and are informed about the admission process.
- Awardees are then required to complete their Scholarship Agreement procedures before their arrival in Turkey.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- A valid Identification Document/Card OR a valid Passport
- A recent Photo of the candidate
- National exam scores (if any)
- Diploma or temporary certificate of Graduation
- Academic transcripts
- International exam scores (GRE, GMAT etc. if required by the chosen program)
- Language test scores (if required by the chosen program)
- A research proposal and an example of your written work (for PhD applicants only) Applications to Türkiye Scholarships are online and free of any charge.
Method of Application
Candidates can apply via the application portal through the link below.
All candidates must submit the following documents during online application
Application cycles for Türkiye Scholarships are announced via the Türkiye Scholarships website. Applications can be made in 8 languages:
Turkish, Arabic, English, French, Russian, Bosnian, Persian and Spanish.