Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate, Operations (West Africa)
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Operations Manager (West Africa)
About the Role
- Greenlight Planet is looking for a Senior Associate to join its Operations team in Nigeria. The Associate, Operations will work closely with the Operations team in Nigeria and West Africa to ensure the organisation has adequate capacity to build new business units and expand existing operations in the region.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Preparation of importation orders seamlessly by:
- Working with the relevant West Africa authorities- Customs, Government agencies of Nigeria and other countries to ensure the company is totally compliant.
- Follow up on Product certificate provision at origin
- Submit SONCAP certificate to CHA for Form M application
- Ensure document compliance and appropriate Form M number
- Ensure timely clearance by following up expeditiously on the clearance process as per the set SLAs with the CHA.
- Closely monitoring the CHA as per the set KPIs
- Ensuring all third party charges are as per the tariff
- Enforcing P2P best practice by ensuring that vendors are paid on time
- Plan for inventory levels as per the requirement of EasyBuy (EB) direct sales to ensure optimum stocks with zero stock outs at all times by:
- Following up on inventory projections from the Sales team
- Comparing the projections with the updated pipeline inventory
- Analysing everyday sales from the Hub for purposes of replenishment and invoicing
- Establishing an EOQ
Inventory and Warehouse Management:
- Managing all inventory at the warehouse from the time of receipt and allocation of stock to the time of outward report by:
- Ensuring the GRN is done within the set KPIs
- Billing and invoicing compliance in accordance with set KPIs
- Ensuring that new received stock is allocated accordingly
- Ensuring that stock received is put away in accordance with best practice of FIFO
- Working with finance to ensure timely replenishment of stock
- Daily invoicing of the sold-out units
- Initiating orders and following up with 3PL provider for order picking/filling
- Coordinating dispatch to ensure timely receipts at the shops
- Ensuring zero stock outs
- Coordinating weekly cycle counts and monthly stock counts in conjunction with the service provider.
- Ensuring complete visibility of inventory at shop level and at EO level by keeping tab of inventory level at the shops by daily/weekly follow up of inventory update by shop managers
- Coordinating a flawless outbound for the purposes of DRP to avert any situation of bullwhip effect by:
- Best practices of JIT
- Measuring the service provider as per the set KPIs of O-T-D
- Ensuring that delivery to shops is done within the set timelines
- Inventory Reporting Weekly on stocks at warehouse, shops and agent levels
- Any other report as need be.
The ideal Candidate
- Has a Degree or Post Graduate qualification (MBA-preferably Operations) from a Premier institution
- Fluency in French language communication (reading, writing and speaking) is a MUST
- Has 3-4 years in Supply Chain Management with experience working in rural markets or working with FMCG / Pharma / product distribution companies
- Knowledge and hands on experience of imports / customs tariffs / procedures, inbound and outbound logistics, including reverse logistics, warehousing & physical distribution, commercial / Fiscal knowledge – GRN/GI, local taxation, entry taxes, etc. for Nigeria and West Africa
- Ability to manage and work with 3PL/4PL service providers and outsourced logistics service providers
- Ability to work with distributors, sales teams and sales agents to ensure smooth distribution operations
- Knowledge and working experience of a robust ERP / WMS
- Excellent hands-on Experience on use of computer tools (excel /macros /v-lookup /charts /pivot table) for analysis for business
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work remotely under minimal supervision
What We Offer (In addition to compensation and statutory benefits)
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast growing, high impact industry.
- The chance to work in an open minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online