Grand Cereals Limited (GCL), a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria Plc, is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials to produce and deliver superior quality brands in the animal feed, edible oils, breakfast cereals, pet food and other intermediate and consumer cereals products to Nigeria and West Africa markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Procurement Manager
Location: Jos, Plateau State
Function: Supply Chain
Reports To: Supply Chain Director
Direct Report: Buyers (Raw Material, Packaging, Technical/Engineering)
Purpose of Job
- Responsible for identifying, establishing Contracts, Procurement and Inventory Management. Leading the teams to ensure that GCL Procurement Strategy supports the business goals.
- Responsible for managing the tender process of RFQs and RFPs according to established company policies and procedures to ensure optimal results.
- Assist in drafting Scopes of Work, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of service contracts.
- Oversee and manage the bid evaluation, analysis, recommendations, and award of contracts.
- Administer contracts, required addendums, and amendments for contractual agreements according to organizational needs, changing markets and legislative codes and standards.
- Manage the relationship with suppliers, keeping track of performance issues, negotiated discounts, and quarterly/annual performance assessments to ensure compliance.
- Conduct supplier and product/service market research according to business objectives and standards to ensure value-add for the company.
- Perform cost analysis to identify areas of opportunity to reduce cost and maximize revenues.
- Generate comprehensive reports that provide savings results and status on various KPI’s and assigned projects
- Ensure that all requirements of the factories are catered to.
- Ensure that optimum inventory is carried, without excessive impact on cash flow
- Maintain impeccable level of integrity.
- Analyze and monitor category spend and expiring contracts to uncover potential sourcing and consolidation opportunities.
- Work with cross functional teams to determine business requirements and establish sourcing strategies that deliver financial and non-financial benefits (e.g. service levels, risk mitigation).
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts to obtain concurrence on contract terms.
- Ensure that Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) is in place following the sourcing process.
- Participate in the establishment of best-in-class procurement methods
- Formulate models to evaluate supplier proposals using quantitative and qualitative criteria
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Food science/Tech, Finance or Commerce, with at least 15 years practical experience in industry preferably with food processing / FMCG industry will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of the experience must be at mid-senior management level.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Must display a high knowledge of Nigeria operating environment as applicable to a Food/Beverage manufacturing organization.
- Be abreast of up to the minute details of changes in the environment/economy, which might affect the business.
- Analytical and numerate skills
- Effective communication skills.
- Multitasking skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time Management Skills
- Physical and mental alertness
- Ability to influence without formal authority
- Ability to work under pressure and accommodate changing priorities
- MS Office suite
- RFX procurement system
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply onlineShare this job: