Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. Carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives wherever they are, with flexible solutions. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon has operations in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mindset.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Marketing
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Role
- We are looking for a Head of Marketing who will be responsible for leading the marketing and brand team and be responsible for developing and executing strategic marketing plans and PR initiatives to promote the brand & grow the current consumer base in alignment with the Company mission.
- You will develop integrated brand campaigns built on customer data/insights as well as implement strategic brand positioning.
- You will work closely with the management team, business, and product head to articulate the marketing strategy. You will also be responsible for the overall branding and image of the Company.
- Own and further develop our brand narrative in a creative and bold way.
- Establish and evolve the brand strategy and positioning for Carbon- both internally and externally
- Take our PR to the next level with imaginative and impactful strategy and creative ideas
- Deploy the narrative across all marketing channels (Social Media, PR, CRM, Paid and others), ensuring our voice remains relevant and impactful across all communications.
- Internalize and bring to life the Carbon brand, voice, mission and values in a single cohesive narrative around Carbon’s commitment to customers throughout the different initiatives that are launched
- Deliver measurable increase in brand awareness and manage overall health of brand across all audience
- Identify innovative ways to brand key aspects of our unique customer experience
- Manage media and talent for videos, podcasts, communities, radio and other brand channels.
- Provide oversight for the Company’s online brand marketing campaigns on digital channels such as LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, business websites etc.
- Strong awareness of digital marketing trends and potential new channels and strategies to keep us ahead, including updates to social media marketing
- Build partnerships to deliver the brand message to the relevant target audience
- Work closely with business intelligence to report on and evaluate data to make data-driven marketing decisions and develop segmentation and target audience
- B.Sc / BA in Marketing, Communications or similar field
- 7+ years’ Marketing and Brands experience in a high-growth environment, – including performance marketing, branding, content, and offline elements
- Experience working for a Fintech is an added advantage
- Experience creating and executing high-impact integrated campaigns (offline, online, activations; unconventional and innovative campaigns).
- Strong team player and communicator with the ability to motivate and lead growing organizations
- A strategic thinker who looks beyond the obvious to solve problems and get results.
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial, and structured mindset with seniority to define and own a scaling department
- Team leader, persuasive and innovative
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career development & Growth.
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a remote working option.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Call with People team
- Case Study ( Assessment)