International Energy Services Limited (IESL), established in 1990, is a specialist, multidisciplinary, energy services company that provides integrated, client-focused and cost-effective services in the oil and gas industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Web Developer (Web App / UX Designer Digital)
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Build the capability needed to collaborate, build, deploy and sustain value effectively in our unique agile culture.
- Envisioning the direction and executing the core user experience (UI and UX) design elements in the digital portfolio.
- Leading delivery of Digital design delivery, design operations and shaping the design culture in the Company.
- Ensure a focus on creating a world-class user experience and apply best in class design principles to realize transformational business value across the global digital portfolio.
- Understands fluently the overall technology portfolio. Collaborates with digital Chief Product Owners, Initiative Product Owners and regional and functional stakeholders to understand their digital product roadmaps and requirements.
- Defines company’s direction for UI and UX and ensures tight integration into the roadmaps to deliver world-class innovative customer-centric user experiences.
- Steers, and is accountable for cross-functional product development teams to build designs that meet requirements – including design specification documents, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Drives company’s end user experience design from an end-to-end perspective, including discovery, ideation, conception, detailed design, prototypes, and validation across multiple products and areas.
- Leads and steers building an enterprise-wide community of practice, providing guidance on UX and UI design to realize the vision. Coach company professionals (non-designers) to deepen understanding of Design Thinking methods and user centred practices.
- Gains support for the UI/UX vision and direction from senior functions, regions, digital and other technical leadership as well as from senior technical experts.
- Provides direction, manages performance, coaches and mentors Lead Designers in providing engaging and intuitive user experiences for digital products
- Oversees and monitors all user research, persona development, usability testing, contextual inquiry, surveys, A/Btesting and task analysis as well as facilitates workshops with senior stakeholders and end users.
- Defines the experience strategy by facilitating work sessions and opportunity workshops with product teams and users to articulate key design goals, plans and requirements
- Audits the landscape competitively and comparatively for inspiration as well as design ideas that can be utilized in the current design process
- Leads and monitors the overall BP user experience and product design efforts for the team, ensuring the delivery of a high-quality service and product development
- Manages interfaces with Upstream Technology Teams, IT&S Teams and external partners and vendors to position
- BP as an informed buyer in the space of digitization.
- Tracking digital and design trends for inspiration as well as design ideas that can improve solutions and working processes
- Collaborates with cross functional teams: Product, Marketing, and Technology leaders to ensure successful development, release, and launch of a best-in-class product
- Ensures high quality graphics and visual components are present and that teams are using the best of resources, tools and capabilities available.
- A University Degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering; professional qualifications will be an advantage.
- 5 to 7 years post-graduation experience, out of which 3 years should be a similar role within the IT department or Digital function of a reputable organization preferably Oil & Gas company.
- 3+ years experience in specifying, analyzing and documenting requirements for applications on a large scale.
- Decisiveness, good judgment, analytical/math/strategic aptitude and problem-solving skills to act with authority and take risks in an environment with little direction from others.
- Strong facilitation skills and proven experience at driving consensus across multiple stakeholders.
- Experience using multiple types of requirements tools (i.e. Jira, Blueprint, Jama, Microfocus, or related) and managing the requirements through the SDLC.
- Experience in managing requirements using multiple methodologies (i.e. Agile, waterfall, iterative etc)
- General understanding of application programming, database, and system design is a plus.
Application Closing Date
27th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The Curriculum Vitae must be properly titled and uploaded (e.g CV_Data Analyst_Chukwu Abiola Ahmed)
- Relevant Credentials, Professional and membership Certificates, where applicable, must be uploaded as a single PDF file
- Application for more than 2 positions will be automatically disqualified.
- Only applications received via the IESL online portal shall be considered.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to outright disqualification of such candidate(s).
- If you have any challenge with the application portal, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for support only.