International Energy Services Limited (IESL), established in 1990, is a specialist, multidisciplinary, energy services company that provides integrated, client-focused and cost-effective services in the oil and gas industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Contracts Specialist
Location: Bonny Island, Rivers
Job Purpose / Objective
- To implement and ensure a very clear strategy for contracting and procurement in line with set policies and considering budgets and business priorities.
- To provide functional expertise and guidance to Portfolio Projects teams.
- Coordinates the development and execution of Contract & Procurement Project plan and the management of the Design Engineering services for NLNG Projects (Infrastructure, ISB/OSB, Plant and Community) and the coordination of all external Project Call-Off Service contracts, to aid, and support efficiently, the NLNG Projects Delivery.
- Liaise with Project Managers/Engineers and Contracts Engineers, generate contracting and tendering strategies/plans to achieve the objectives of projects; establish and justify appropriate contract management strategies with a focus on cost reduction, strategic, complex construction and engineering contracts and thereafter execute the approved strategies.
- Collaborate with the CP function and Project Engineers to develop, tender, negotiate and award of all contracts for NLNG in the assigned Category with due regard to business needs, risks, process integrity, within the shortest possible lead time and with competent contractors/suppliers, addressing specific HSE, commercial, schedule and execution risks, to prevent contract overrun and overspend due to poor scope definition and creep.
- Identify risks and provide solutions to negate these and provide contractual advice as may be requested from time-to-time ensuring overall cost reduction/saving. Ensure adherence to statutory requirements, including use of all mandated institutions / regulators such as NCMDB, NAFDAC etc, to ensure that only suitably qualified and technically competent national suppliers/ contractors are awarded contracts and purchase orders.
- Influence the selection of various project delivery models throughout the project phases. Support the projects to identify suitable bidders for each proposed tender; Support proposals submissions, bid lists, evaluation methodologies Coordinating pre-bid meetings, site visits and clarification requests. Where necessary liaise with Project Managers and Senior Contracts Engineers as well as Company’s legal, finance and other appropriate functions and provide responses to tenderers’ contractual clarification requests and award strategies to Tender Committees.
- Support the detailed definition, execution and close out of third party spend savings (TPSS), Cost Optimisation Reviews (COR) in the assigned Category, identify supply chain Opportunities proactively with clear demonstrated business case that identifies value and risks and ensure that claims, non-conformances, disputes, variations are eliminated/avoided to maximise value in the business. Maintain a log of all savings generated for own contracts and obtain validation of such savings.
- Provide contract management support to project teams throughout the contract life-cycle. Work with the relevant parties and stakeholders to issue contract documents post award incorporating general and specific terms and conditions as applicable, liaising with legal and functional disciplines to resolve contractual qualifications.
- Guide contract holders as value champions, deliver ‘contract holder’ and related CP capacity development programmes and facilitate regular Contract Holder networking forums to ensure collaboration and knowledge sharing in the business in line with NLNG 10Bs.
- A University Degree preferably in Engineering, Business or Financial Management or any related discipline.
- Membership of The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) UK or Nigeria, or Institute of Supply Management (ISM) US or equivalent at a diploma or certified level is an advantage.
- 7 – 10 years post graduate experience with a minimum of 5 years in contracting and procurement roles in a reputable organization (preferably in an industry involving maintenance, shutdowns, projects and facilities management) in an Oil& Gas company.
- Experience in LEAN and in CP SAP module will be added advantage.
Application Closing Date
27th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The Curriculum Vitae must be properly titled and uploaded (e.g CV_Data Analyst_Chukwu Abiola Ahmed)
- Relevant Credentials, Professional and membership Certificates, where applicable, must be uploaded as a single PDF file
- Application for more than 2 positions will be automatically disqualified.
- Only applications received via the IESL online portal shall be considered.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to outright disqualification of such candidate(s).
- If you have any challenge with the application portal, please email: email@example.com for support only.