Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client is an International News Media company building a respected media brand, across television, mobile, and web.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- The company requires to fill the role of a proactive Personal Assistant to the Executive.
- The role is to provide high-quality executive personal assistance and administrative support, provide an efficient and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical service as well as assist the Executive to manage and prioritize their time.
- The job holder will need extensive knowledge of the organization, including the company’s aims and objectives.
- The Executive will rely heavily on the job holder, trusting that work will be handled effectively and efficiently in their absence.
- Discretion, confidentiality, and being proactive are therefore essential attributes of this role.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, planning, coordinating, and ensuring the Executive’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Act as the first point of contact, dealing with correspondence and phone calls.
- Composing and preparing correspondence; monitors and responds to emails; researches required information or background on organizations and individuals.
- Sets up meeting files, scheduling and calendaring meetings, sets meeting agendas, setting location, time, and appropriate duration, identifies, invites, and confirms participants, facility arrangements where required.
- Prepare travel arrangements, expense reports, and all items needed to ensure the Executive’s successful focus on external relations and organizational growth.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Executive, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Provide a bridge for clear communication and maintain credibility, trust, and support between the office of the Executive and staff.
- Work closely and effectively with the Executive to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and follows up appropriately.
- Draft acknowledgment and thank you letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Executive’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle all matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the Executive by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
- Occasionally travelling with Executive to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during business trips.
- The job holder may be required to perform other ad-hoc tasks that may be deemed necessary.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and related fields of study.
- 2 – 6 year working experience as a personal assistant or related positions.
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with applications such as word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be proactive with a high understanding of Dignity and Diversity in the workplace.
- A good deal of common sense, etiquette and an ability to think on one’s feet.
- Excellent typing skills, speed and accuracy essential.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised.
- Willing to travel.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interviews are on a rolling basis.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.