One Acre, founded in 2006, supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: M & E Assistant Field Supervisor
Locations: Niger & Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- The M&E Assistant Field Supervisor is in charge of supporting all field activities for One Acre Fund’s M&E field team.
- The M&E Assistant Field Supervisor reports to the Impact Field Coordinator who provides department planning, surveys execution and supervision.
- This is a field based role ensuring adequate data collection in line with the organization’s timelines and objectives.
- Carrying out work planning for enumerators
- Field Test Surveys
- Support the Translation and Back Translation of surveys
- Overseeing data collection in the field
- Training and Mentoring enumerators
- Contributing to the design of surveys by proving field context and feedback
- Carrying out performance management for team of enumerators
- Carrying out backchecks/spot-checks on data collection to ensure accuracy
- Qualifications in the fields of the Social Sciences, Agriculture, Economics, Development Studies or Statistics
- A sound track record in developing and conducting research
- Proven skills in the use of mobile device for data collection
- Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative research in the North Central and/or South Western part(s) of Nigeria
- Experience working in communities in Niger State and/or Oyo State
- Experience in data collection and analysis using participatory methodology
- Possess a degree of flexibility to work and availability to respond to comments and questions in a timely and appropriate manner
- Willingness to learn and explore new experiences
- Willingness and ability to do physically demanding work and to pass long days in the field
- Fluency in English and Yoruba and/or Hausa (written and verbal) is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages, ability to use G-Suite is an added advantage.
- Resident in Niger State or Oyo State.
Application Closing Date
28th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online