BuffaloGrid is on a mission to bring mobile power and connectivity to the next billion. We have developed a solar-powered, internet-connected system that helps organisations deliver mobile phone charging and connectivity services at scale. We’re a diverse group of designers, developers, strategists and operations specialists based across offices in Belfast, Dhaka and Delhi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- We’re searching for people who share our vision for using technology to make the world more socially and economically equal.
- We actively encourage applications from women and people from ethnic minorities.
- We are looking for a self-motivated and results-driven Project Manager to direct and manage our organisation’s business activities and to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs.
- Duties for the Project Manager will include allocating budget resources, formulating policies, coordinating business operations, monitoring and motivating staff, managing operational costs, ensuring good customer service, improving administration processes, engaging with vendors, hiring and training employees, identifying business opportunities, and monitoring financial activities.
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will assist our organisation in maintaining relationships with clients, generating new business, increasing staff productivity, improving service, ensuring sustainability, and meeting business objectives.
- The successful candidate for this role should possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of business functions, exceptional budgeting and finance skills, and strong leadership qualities.
- The noteworthy Project Manager should account for all business activities, support staff development, enhance efficiency, drive sales and improve revenue, maintain relationships with clients, enhance the organisation’s image, and meet overall growth objectives.
- You will work in close cooperation with our India and UK team to formulate business strategy, execute the agreed action plan, help meet the sales targets, coordinate high impact meetings with potential clients, strategize business development and enable growth.
- This is the perfect role for someone who enjoys learning fast and wants to grow with our business.
Key Responsibilities (What You Will Be Doing)
- Assist the CEO with business strategy, sales, business development and action plan, including high-impact presentations & proposals.
- Coordinating business growth activities with other team members to ensure strategy execution.
- Identifying opportunities for new business through on-going research, partner contact, and strategic analysis of products and marketplace.
- Work with management to develop and implement business growth strategy for identified customer segments.
- Conduct market and competitive analyses to develop roadmap and sales strategy to secure new business.
- Ensuring execution is happening based on the marketing and business development plan.
Knowledge & Experience (What You Have Done Before)
- Startups: It’s an advantage if you have prior experience working in a technology startup, at seed stage or beyond, or in a fast-moving organisation with comparable growth dynamics.
- Experience: Prior experience in business development, strategy or sales role will help.
- Sector: It’s an advantage to have exposure to any of these sectors – mobile network operators, telecommunications, renewable energy, rural banking inclusion and assisted ecommerce.
- Organisation: Comfortable working independently in a small, distributed international team with limited day-to-day support.
- Travel: Comfortable with regular travel across urban and rural areas.
Core Skills (What We Want to See):
- Leadership skills
- Basic quantitative analysis, presentation design, strategic project management, etc.
- Knowledge of business development, strategy and sales process from initiation to close.
- Able to multitask, prioritise, and manage time efficiently.
- An exceptional command of English and strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with multi-functional teams.
- Have experience using Slack, Google Apps, Asana.
Benefits & Perks
- Salary: N250,000 – N450,000 monthly.
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual leave: 22 days + 9 public / religious holidays
- Benefits: private health insurance, public transport allowance and childcare allowance
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.